The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Not officially but I expect them any minute. We’re trying to ration though. Using the condensate from the a/c to water non food plants, saving dog water dregs for plants, using my dishwater, or any water I cook eggs in which plants love. It’s work!

It’s pretty frightening

We’re only in the low 100s

I hope it doesn't come to enforced rationing. Sounds like you're working all the angles to save on your own.

I hope it doesn't come to enforced rationing. Sounds like you're working all the angles to save on your own.
The first place they’ll cut water from is agriculture, which is the most assinine thing I’ve ever heard since people need to eat. But there’s some big plant or computer place or something that’s moving into the valley and they’ll use a tremendous amount of water and that’s ok.

It’s a good thing I’m not in charge because some people would be getting fired over that.

The first place they’ll cut water from is agriculture, which is the most assinine thing I’ve ever heard since people need to eat. But there’s some big plant or computer place or something that’s moving into the valley and they’ll use a tremendous amount of water and that’s ok.

It’s a good thing I’m not in charge because some people would be getting fired over that.

Have to agree with you about agriculture being cut. That could impact the price of groceries (like they need to be any higher).

Anyone else have ideas, I've heard of electric fence
If you are talking about regular electric fence you need to put a wire pretty close to the ground so they will get zapped when they start to dig. That can be a maintenance headache since you need to keep the grass cut away from it.

We thought about putting those find of fences in but we don't want to do anything expensive since we are going to be moving in a year.
There are wireless invisible fences, you can take it with you. But you can't get total perimeter coverage like you can with the wire in the ground type.

Found this with a Google search

or any water I cook eggs in which plants love.
Hmmm, never knew that. No sense pouring it down the drain if the plants would like it!

If you are talking about regular electric fence you need to put a wire pretty close to the ground so they will get zapped when they start to dig. That can be a maintenance headache since you need to keep the grass cut away from it.

There are wireless invisible fences, you can take it with you. But you can't get total perimeter coverage like you can with the wire in the ground type.

Found this with a Google search

Hmmm, never knew that. No sense pouring it down the drain if the plants would like it!
From what I understand the egg water provides calcium to the plants.

I’ll be down to two of us plus the animals soon :wee
How are you going to handle all that peace and quiet?:lol:
My oldest son moved out the first part of June. It’s been great. I see him every day but not for very long. I told his girlfriend he’s her problem now 🤣 My youngest is working 1.5 hours from here and luckily is able to stay with a co-worker that lives that way. He comes home on the weekend and we see him for a couple hours. It’s been peaceful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom