The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

They are one of my biggest fears. My grandparents lost everything to a fire when I was a kid. It made an impression on me, for sure.

My aunt and her kids lost their house one Christmas (they were with us at the time so fortunately not at home). House fires are so destructive!

My dad always unplugged appliances and was generally drilling the fear of fire into our heads when I was a kid. He never said he’d been through one but that was always his thing.

I think so. Last I heard I’d be in the 4th grade and I had 2 of them as third graders. It was not set in stone. I did say if I was going to get a total hands on child I would not be coming back. I will take base pay any day over the abuse some of those paras take. They get almost $3 more an hour. Not worth it!
I agree. The worst job I ever had was working on an mhmr ward. It was a scary place.
One of my co-workers had her back broken by a tiny female teenager with anger issues. She was in her 50s. She retired from nursing on disability. I don't think she was ever able to walk again, without a walker.
Another nurse, who was there before me, had several facial surgeries, because a young man ran up behind her and pushed her into a metal door frame.
Of course most of these kids were there, because their families just could not handle them anymore.
I think most of us were just there waiting for a transfer to a less scary ward.

I agree. The worst job I ever had was working on an mhmr ward. It was a scary place.
One of my co-workers had her back broken by a tiny female teenager with anger issues. She was in her 50s. She retired from nursing on disability. I don't think she was ever able to walk again, without a walker.
Another nurse, who was there before me, had several facial surgeries, because a young man ran up behind her and pushed her into a metal door frame.
Of course most of these kids were there, because their families just could not handle them anymore.

That's some scary stuff Janie.

I've been hearing on the news the last couple of days something about the Texas juvenile justice system is on the verge of collapse. I keep coming in at the end of the story but from what I can gather it has to do with finding people to work.

They are one of my biggest fears. My grandparents lost everything to a fire when I was a kid. It made an impression on me, for sure.
My brother and his SO lost everything in a house fire in Monroe, South Dakota on November 16, 2002. Ron’s 8 year old son, my nephew Coty, was severely autistic and apparently started the fire in a closet and died in there. I used to fear fires…….now they terrify me.

My brother and his SO lost everything in a house fire in Monroe, South Dakota on November 16, 2002. Ron’s 8 year old son, my nephew Coty, was severely autistic and apparently started the fire in a closet and died in there. I used to fear fires…….now they terrify me.
My sisters house just caught fire last month they were both home but awake started in the attack dont know how yet. Im terribly afraid of fires now. When I set up my brooder i refused to buy a heat lamp and got a brooder plate

Wow!
So sad!

I've been hearing on the news the last couple of days something about the Texas juvenile justice system is on the verge of collapse. I keep coming in at the end of the story but from what I can gather it has to do with finding people to work.
Not at all surprised. It's a sad situation.
That is so sad.
My sisters house just caught fire last month they were both home but awake started in the attack dont know how yet. Im terribly afraid of fires now. When I set up my brooder i refused to buy a heat lamp and got a brooder plate
Thank goodness they were awake!

Back
Top Bottom