The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

That would bother me too Janie…the chick.
There is such a shortage of Paras and now they want a degree out of us. We have very few substitutes for Paras and teachers.

Thanks Debby! I can pass them online as I took notes…I still get some of them wrong though. We have to test somewhere in a town over an hour from here. I don’t know what that involves. I am not a good test taker.

You can do it DMC, you're a smart cookie!

That would bother me too Janie…the chick.
There is such a shortage of Paras and now they want a degree out of us. We have very few substitutes for Paras and teachers.

Thanks Debby! I can pass them online as I took notes…I still get some of them wrong though. We have to test somewhere in a town over an hour from here. I don’t know what that involves. I am not a good test taker.
I read a post, by @Aunt Angus I believe, that reminded me of myself. It concerned not being able to eat roosters that she had raised. That's me. I really get attached to my chickens.

I'll cross my fingers for you. You can pass this test!
Part of the problem, with our employee shortage probably begins with red tape and unreal expectations. All written and regulated by people who have no real experience doing the job.

Screenshot_20220816-114359_Instagram.jpg

I’m asking our former principal today what happens if I bomb the test.
They'll give you time to study some more and retake, they can't afford to lose you!

There are not enough teachers around, for the first time EVER the Burlington Vermont school district held a job fair this year. DW's sister teaches in Virginia, they are still down 2 math teachers (her area) for this year, probably down in other subjects too.

I read a post, by @Aunt Angus I believe, that reminded me of myself. It concerned not being able to eat roosters that she had raised. That's me. I really get attached to my chickens.

I'll cross my fingers for you. You can pass this test!
Part of the problem, with our employee shortage probably begins with red tape and unreal expectations. All written and regulated by people who have no real experience doing the job.
Thanks Janie! There are so many children with disabilities. It is going to be a tough year. I hope I pass. They pay for the first testing, after that it’s on me. Anxiety sucks!
I found out today that I am in first grade this year which I am very grateful for. I loved it in there last year for the short time I was in there…same teacher☺️ I have one severely Autistic child for one hour at his recess/lunch time. He is in Kindergarten.
They'll give you time to study some more and retake, they can't afford to lose you!

There are not enough teachers around, for the first time EVER the Burlington Vermont school district held a job fair this year. DW's sister teaches in Virginia, they are still down 2 math teachers (her area) for this year, probably down in other subjects too.
I hope so.
Teaching is tough. I have great respect for our teachers. They don’t get paid enough.
Good afternoon all. @DigMyChicks good luck, you’re smart! Some wrong doesn’t mean you failed.

@janiedoe I don’t like eating my roosters but I make myself do it. Not even the mean ones.
Thanks IM! If it was a baking class I’d do great!

Ugh. I feel for you. Fortunately we've been staying around 100 or just below and I even see a couple of 89s in the next week. Hallelujah.
We go back to temps like that next week, in the 90s

It will be nice when this summer is over!

Good afternoon all. @DigMyChicks good luck, you’re smart! Some wrong doesn’t mean you failed.

@janiedoe I don’t like eating my roosters but I make myself do it. Not even the mean ones.
I'm not sure I'd care if they were mean, but mine are all so nice. I have a hard time giving them away, I know I couldn't kill them.
Thanks Janie! There are so many children with disabilities. It is going to be a tough year. I hope I pass. They pay for the first testing, after that it’s on me. Anxiety sucks!
I found out today that I am in first grade this year which I am very grateful for. I loved it in there last year for the short time I was in there…same teacher☺️ I have one severely Autistic child for one hour at his recess/lunch time. He is in Kindergarten.

I hope so.
Teaching is tough. I have great respect for our teachers. They don’t get paid enough.

Thanks IM! If it was a baking class I’d do great!
I'm glad your getting a great assignment this year. I'll bet that teacher requested you.
It is 3:45pm and I have to go out into the heat soon to head home for the day!

It will be close to 106F at that time.
Yikes. Have y'all had any rain at all??
Ugh. I feel for you. Fortunately we've been staying around 100 or just below and I even see a couple of 89s in the next week. Hallelujah.
Don't be countin' your chicks yet, Pert. 🤣 I don't think we've had a single day where the high temperature wasn't higher than predicted. I hope we get the rain they're predicting.

Back
Top Bottom