The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Poor little guy, I hope he feels better soon
I can see it now

View attachment 3227720

The hard part about his recovery is getting him (and only him) the special wet food the vet wants him to eat the first couple of days. Opie thinks all food is fair game and all for him. Bam may have to take a few meals in the bathroom with the door shut. It will drive his bro Opie nuts!

He's 6 years old now and Pip is the same age.

The vet bills are whoppers. That's why I've had to spread the 3 cats out over 3 months. To do all 3 of them at once would probably send me into cardiac arrest.
My youngest son and my daughter by marriage, have 3 dogs and a cat. In the past year their dogs have had a knee surgery, a cancerous lump removed, allergies and chronic skin condition treatment , 4 teeth removed. The cat has been the cheapest, with just a yearly visit. Of course, the cat is the youngest.
They are the children who will inherit my cats and dogs if we die before our pets.

My youngest son and my daughter by marriage, have 3 dogs and a cat. In the past year their dogs have had a knee surgery, a cancerous lump removed, allergies and chronic skin condition treatment , 4 teeth removed. The cat has been the cheapest, with just a yearly visit. Of course, the cat is the youngest.
They are the children who will inherit my cats and dogs if we die before our pets.

I've decided having a pet is a luxury. At least it is if you give them the care they need. I've already told DH when these 3 are gone, we aren't going to get any more. We'll see if that hold true or not :cool:

The hard part about his recovery is getting him (and only him) the special wet food the vet wants him to eat the first couple of days. Opie thinks all food is fair game and all for him. Bam may have to take a few meals in the bathroom with the door shut. It will drive his bro Opie nuts!
That sounds about right lol. There’s always one crazy guy in the group.

I've decided having a pet is a luxury. At least it is if you give them the care they need. I've already told DH when these 3 are gone, we aren't going to get any more. We'll see if that hold true or not :cool:
We always say that. When my old boy, Truman died, we still had Dexter and Ruby. I told my husband, no more dogs. Boo the cat showed up. I tried to find a home for her, but no one was appropriate for her.
Then Dexter died. Ruby and Boo Cat were lonely. Brewster was need of a home and came to live with us.
Then June Cat showed up. She was so tiny and Boo loved her, so she stayed.
We spend a fortune on animal care and I worry about them out living us. I know if another kitten shows up, I'll adopt it. We fortunately, haven't had any stray dogs around here.

He's 6 years old now and Pip is the same age.

The vet bills are whoppers. That's why I've had to spread the 3 cats out over 3 months. To do all 3 of them at once would probably send me into cardiac arrest.

My son and DIL are running a rescue so I hear about vet bills a lot. It’s getting to be crazy expensive any more.
Abazaba has an appointment tomorrow for a Cytopoint injection and a rash. I’m not looking forward to it.
I would rather have pets than not. My dogs are such a joy 99.9% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom