The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

For those of you who have to buy store eggs...how much are they going for now? Yesterday at my grocery store an 18-pack was almost $9.
Were they generic or free range organic or something? I paid $5/dozen when I picked up my turkey last Tuesday at a farm 4 miles from my house. I only charge $4 but I don't force the girls to lay in the dark days after they moult.

Were they generic or free range organic or something? I paid $5/dozen when I picked up my turkey last Tuesday at a farm 4 miles from my house. I only charge $4 but I don't force the girls to lay in the dark days after they moult.

They weren't anything fancy like organic, they were just the grocery store brand eggs. Wal-Mart might have them cheaper, but that's quite a ways farther from me. So I can spend more on eggs or spend more on gas.

Good morning IM, DMC, Janie and Mark! How did Monday get here so soon? Hope everyone has a good day!
It snuck up on us like a thief in the night! Glad it’s over!
For those of you who have to buy store eggs...how much are they going for now? Yesterday at my grocery store an 18-pack was almost $9.

I really miss my chickens for more than one reason.
Almost $8 for an 18 count here.
They weren't anything fancy like organic, they were just the grocery store brand eggs. Wal-Mart might have them cheaper, but that's quite a ways farther from me. So I can spend more on eggs or spend more on gas.
I bought a 7.5 dozen box from Sam’s for $10 and something…2-18’s we’re the same price.

It snuck up on us like a thief in the night! Glad it’s over!

Almost $8 for an 18 count here.

I bought a 7.5 dozen box from Sam’s for $10 and something…2-18’s we’re the same price.

Have you thought about having a flock again DMC?

I have but since this isn't our house, I don't want to cause any issues for DH. Plus someone down the road has about 10-15 dogs (yes, that many!) that roam free and they would be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom