The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

The vinegar really makes a difference in how tender they are. I use apple cider vinegar when I make ribs.
@igorsMistress I'd like to see a picture of your new faucet too!

Yep, the vinegar and mustard both help (plus, they help the dry rub stick to the meat). I was wondering if they would get dry baked in the oven so long, but they were just right.

If anyone is interested, this is the recipe I used (sort of) yesterday with a rack of baby back ribs. They turned out great, very flavorful and tender! DH enjoyed them a lot since they don't call for any form of sugar whatsoever.

The only change I made yesterday was didn't have Dijon mustard or white vinegar so I substituted yellow mustard and apple cider vinegar (that worked fine). And next time, I'm going to cut the salt in half.
salt-and-pepper-spare-ribs
Yummy! I was just thinking I should make ribs in the solar cooker this week. Going to give this a try, thanks Debby :)

If anyone is interested, this is the recipe I used (sort of) yesterday with a rack of baby back ribs. They turned out great, very flavorful and tender! DH enjoyed them a lot since they don't call for any form of sugar whatsoever.

The only change I made yesterday was didn't have Dijon mustard or white vinegar so I substituted yellow mustard and apple cider vinegar (that worked fine). And next time, I'm going to cut the salt in half.
salt-and-pepper-spare-ribs
I usually cut the ribs apart, season and wrap in foil, then cook the next day meat side up and still wrapped in foil, at 250 for four hours. I haven’t ever oven cooked them without being wrapped in a packet. They were still tender?

Will do! It’s a Moen I think, with the pull down faucet head that’s a sprayer.
Mine is a morning too, I believe. I know the farm sink is a vigo. I love the pull down faucet.
I love my sink too, but I wish it were slanted toward the drain. It's completely flat, so I have to scrub the corners with a toothbrush just about every day. I took the wire rack out of my sink, there was no keeping that clean.

Good afternoon! Have a wonderful Sunday. ❤️
FB_IMG_1685245041248.jpg

I usually break a cupcake in half and turn the frosting to the inside. Sort of like a cupcake sandwich. :D
One of my coworkers does that. :D
Will do! It’s a Moen I think, with the pull down faucet head that’s a sprayer.
I have one of them in my camper. I like it.

I just came in the house. I cleaned my camper. There were so many flies in it. Two pieces of trim popped off so hubby will have to do something with them. I wish they’d glue and staple as the staples didn’t hold.

Back
Top Bottom