The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning. We will be over 100 by the weekend but today is quite lovely.
We are having problems with black gnats here now. I keep hearing about three days over 100F to get rid of them for the summer-- Actually a weather pattern like that usually happens about the middle of June which is when the gnats move on to their next life cycle.

Good morning. We will be over 100 by the weekend but today is quite lovely.
Feeling thankful. Our highs are only low 90s.
So do ours!

It will be hot and chances of thunderstorms. That’s camping for you. :D

I’m waiting for the air conditioner guy. We had him out last spring and thought he had it fixed but apparently not.
I hope your ac guy can get it repaired in a timely manner!

We are having problems with black gnats here now. I keep hearing about three days over 100F to get rid of them for the summer-- Actually a weather pattern like that usually happens about the middle of June which is when the gnats move on to their next life cycle.
I call bunk on that. We have them (& mosquitoes) 3/4 of the year now. 100 and above does not seem to discourage them. It may be because we are near the water, but the flying & biting insects seem to be getting worse.
I have seen some fireflies lately though. That's a nice change, as we've rarely seen them in the past few years.

I call bunk on that. We have them (& mosquitoes) 3/4 of the year now. 100 and above does not seem to discourage them. It may be because we are near the water, but the flying & biting insects seem to be getting worse.
I have seen some fireflies lately though. That's a nice change, as we've rarely seen them in the past few years.
Luckily the black gnats here are go away in the summer. I have not seen them in the Fall or winter here. I would not like to live in a place where they are our mote than a summer!

I do not react to them much but the go after my youngest DD and the DW-- they both have bad reactions to them.

I have ants in my kitchen. Just enough to irritate me. I don’t remember the last time I had an ant. A friend broke me off a paddle of her cactus and I had it sitting on the cupboard overnight…wonder if that’s where they came from. It was an outdoor cactus.

So do ours!

I’m waiting for the air conditioner guy. We had him out last spring and thought he had it fixed but apparently not.
I hope it’s fixed this time!
Feeling thankful. Our highs are only low 90s.

I hope your ac guy can get it repaired in a timely manner!
We’re supposed to be 89 today, but 102 or 3 by the weekend. That’s toasty but not unbearable usually. Although I’m not volunteering to go out there :)

So do ours!

Hope you get it straightened out before the worst of the summer is here DMC!

Fingers crossed, our a/c should be good for this summer. We had a repair guy out to fix ours when it quit working a couple days after moving in. :rolleyes:

I hope it’s fixed this time!

We’re supposed to be 89 today, but 102 or 3 by the weekend. That’s toasty but not unbearable usually. Although I’m not volunteering to go out there :)
Thanks, I do not like the heat. I don’t know how you guys do it that are over 100. The 80’s are too hot for me.
Hope you get it straightened out before the worst of the summer is here DMC!

Fingers crossed, our a/c should be good for this summer. We had a repair guy out to fix ours when it quit working a couple days after moving in. :rolleyes:
I hope so too!! It’s supposed to be hot this week.

Back
Top Bottom