the number one rule of coop building

bturbo87

Songster
9 Years
Apr 22, 2010
south
BUILD IN PLACE!!!!!! do NOT build it in your drive way, then try and take it to the backyard where your wife wants it, especially if you have a big ole backyard. Now please excuse me while i go pass out.

Last edited:
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Oh, yes. We learned that rule the hard way, too.

I built my coop in the garage, changed my mind about where I wanted to put it, realized it was too wide to squeeze throught the fence gate, had to take a panel off the fence, and just barely managed to squeak it though with only about a quarter of an inch clearance (if that) on both sides. Plus my husband and I just barely escaped hernias.

Yup. Good rule.

We feel your pain. We built in my husbands shop, 5 miles away. Had to use a forklift to move it to the trailer and then a crane to set it in place. My husband still hasn't recovered from all the work, he's still passed out on the floor. See my page for pics of the crane...
he.gif

Gosh, it's good to know I'm not the only idiot who has done this! Yup, built it in the driveway then it took three of us to lug it UPHILL and set it in place. Too funny! Laura

Quote:
Of course, but do not ignore rule #2
Always build bigger than you can possibly imagine in your wildiest dreams you would ever need
cause you are going to need more room very soon
this is part of why it is important to build in place as well since you have to build BIG!

Quote:
Of course, but do not ignore rule #2
Always build bigger than you can possibly imagine in your wildiest dreams you would ever need
cause you are going to need more room very soon
this is part of why it is important to build in place as well since you have to build BIG!

Hubby learned both rule #1 and rule #2 when building our first coop. Second time around, he remembered!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom