The OHIO NATIONAL 2013

Artificial Insemination. I'm tired of having my hens all torn up and not looking good for when I show them. I figure this way my breeding pens will be less cramped and everyone will be in better condition all throughout the year. Brahma roosters do A LOT of feather damage through natural breeding. I tried this today but wasn't quit sure what I was doing I got everything to come out and I wasn't quite sure what I was suppose to "milk" out as this website puts it:idunnohttp://www.cochinbantams.com/a__insemination.htm

You can start breeding in winter and stop breeding in mid summer, remove roosters and feathers will com back. Also put an apron on them

I will be bringing my flock of self-black Call ducks to the Ohio National as they are available for sale. 3 drakes, 5 ducks, all have shown but a few are better show quality and a few are better breeders. Looking to sell flock as one group as that is how they will best serve as both show and breeders. I have known at least two of the ducks to become very broody, and all have given me good eggs...hard decision to sell, but looking to make more room to work on my pied Call project. I may also have a few gray Calls available, I will know the day I leave. Look for my card on my sale coops!

Last edited:
No not for molting, but to protect the backs of hens from crazy boys, so their feet and spurs don't dig in their backs. Not a silly questions

Back
Top Bottom