The Old Folks Home

Perhaps the Amish have the right idea.

Sorry, can't see that happening. If a family gets sick, they will spread it throughout their community. They distrust modern medicine so they will treat it with poultices, herbs and the like. The old will grow progressively worse and die as will some of the younger and middle aged adults.

Families will send one of the coughing kids to their relative's home for help. The relative will come to the home but will not be able to offer any help. They will return home and soon enough their household will be infected....and thus it goes on. They will continue to go to the local Amish businesses and continue the steady march of the Covid 19 virus.

They are too loyal (is there such a thing?) to community and family to even begin to grasp the true meaning of social distancing.

I seriously thought of printing up a flier and stuffing them in mail boxes but in all truthfulness, that would mean leaving where I know it is safe, namely home and I'm not ready to take that risk. I am sure that somebody has told them about what is happening but the scope of what is happening outside their small communities is beyond them. They are currently well and that is all that matters.

I seriously pray and fear for their well being.

Sorry, can't see that happening. If a family gets sick, they will spread it throughout their community.

Sounds exactly like what much of the 'educated' US is doing right now. Here in NJ we are on statewide lockdown, and authorities are continually having to disperse gatherings/celebrations.

Thats just what they where doing here still huge gatherings .....
Think the lock down and closing of all the trails and parks helped to stop it
Seriously. Folks are laughingly holding 'Corona' parties. With of course Corona beer being the guest of choice. This is happening here in a self admitted 'hot spot' where cases are doubling every 2 days. No wonder much of the middle of the country remains in denial.

Back
Top Bottom