The Old Folks Home

Thank you. Me to. The Dr. took a third of my nose but apparently did not go deep enough to get all the root. And he wanted me to wait and see if it came back. So I went to primary Dr. and asked him to help me get rid of it so I don't have to get my face cut open again.

Good to hear from you! You have been missed!

The nose sounds all kinds of nasty.

I hope it clears up easily.

We are doing well... kids are good.

I've wanted to be on off-grider for 50+ years... oh well, I wanted a LOT of kids too, & that didn't happen. Don't know why I've always been a farm girl at heart, always trying to plant things and rescuing animals. And yes, I can't spell...But I have a beautiful yard, with vegetables stuck in wherever there is enough sun. Ah, sun...it's supposed to be 103 today in Sacramento. Chickens --- I used to have quite a set up for many kinds of chickens, an incubator, and an outside avery (parakeets and finches). I've been telling myself I want chickens again (I can have 3), remember how wonderful it was to be digging in the garden and have a hen call over her chicks... then I think of hens digging up my flowers and vegetables, and about chicken tar-poop on my patio...nah, I think I'll just keep the MEMORIES and forgo the actual chickens. So I read stuff from here everyday...I should find a RABBIT site (had show rabbits for years)>

Thank you. Me to. The Dr. took a third of my nose but apparently did not go deep enough to get all the root. And he wanted me to wait and see if it came back. So I went to primary Dr. and asked him to help me get rid of it so I don't have to get my face cut open again.

Hi Chicka!:frow Good to hear from you but whowzers, girl! Is all I can say.

10 years ago DH went in to have a small spot removed from the crease in his nostril. The thing kept bleeding so they told him it was time for it to go. We thought it was going to be snip stitch and home. His surgery was late morning and at 4pm he comes out. I was the only one in the waiting room and he is holding a huge chunk of gauze to the side of his nose and asks me tell me my dear, how bad is it? and removes the gauze. Being a retired nurse, I don't shock easy but they had carved a hole in his nose big enough to stick your finger in....all the way in. They wound up doing a flap graft using a section of his cheek to fill the hole and a cartilage piece taken from his ear. Part of the flap was left attached to his cheek to help with blood flow to the graft. 10 days later they resected the graft and proclaimed him cured, thank God.

After about 7 days of being home, friends invited us over for dinner saying we were probably getting cabin fever by now. He was so bandaged up, swollen and bruised...and worried about his patients. When our friends saw him he asked if they thought he could see a few patients and all the lady of the house could do was hug him and say, oh, you would scare them to death! NO!

Point is, if you look at his nose today, you would never know anything was done to it with the exception of a tiny dimple in the nostril and the beard that grows from the side of his nose which we laugh about to this day.

I sure hope your treatment goes as well, Chicka. :hugs

As for me, same aches, same pain, but hanging in there and enjoying the lock down! I have 10 eggs under hens right now and candled them this morning on day 9. All developing!:yesss:

I've wanted to be on off-grider for 50+ years... oh well, I wanted a LOT of kids too, & that didn't happen. Don't know why I've always been a farm girl at heart, always trying to plant things and rescuing animals. And yes, I can't spell...But I have a beautiful yard, with vegetables stuck in wherever there is enough sun. Ah, sun...it's supposed to be 103 today in Sacramento. Chickens --- I used to have quite a set up for many kinds of chickens, an incubator, and an outside avery (parakeets and finches). I've been telling myself I want chickens again (I can have 3), remember how wonderful it was to be digging in the garden and have a hen call over her chicks... then I think of hens digging up my flowers and vegetables, and about chicken tar-poop on my patio...nah, I think I'll just keep the MEMORIES and forgo the actual chickens. So I read stuff from here everyday...I should find a RABBIT site (had show rabbits for years)>
Welcome!

backyard herds likely has a rabbit section

http://www.backyardherds.com/

10 years ago DH went in to have a small spot removed from the crease in his nostril. The thing kept bleeding so they told him it was time for it to go. We thought it was going to be snip stitch and home. His surgery was late morning and at 4pm he comes out. I was the only one in the waiting room and he is holding a huge chunk of gauze to the side of his nose and asks me tell me my dear, how bad is it? and removes the gauze. Being a retired nurse, I don't shock easy but they had carved a hole in his nose big enough to stick your finger in....all the way in. They wound up doing a flap graft using a section of his cheek to fill the hole and a cartilage piece taken from his ear. Part of the flap was left attached to his cheek to help with blood flow to the graft. 10 days later they resected the graft and proclaimed him cured, thank God.

After about 7 days of being home, friends invited us over for dinner saying we were probably getting cabin fever by now. He was so bandaged up, swollen and bruised...and worried about his patients. When our friends saw him he asked if they thought he could see a few patients and all the lady of the house could do was hug him and say, oh, you would scare them to death! NO!

Point is, if you look at his nose today, you would never know anything was done to it with the exception of a tiny dimple in the nostril and the beard that grows from the side of his nose which we laugh about to this day.

As for me, same aches, same pain, but hanging in there and enjoying the lock down! I have 10 eggs under hens right now and candled them this morning on day 9. All developing!:yesss:
It is nice that they fixed his nose up so well!

Welcome, Grammapat4! There's a lot of inspirational chicken talk on this site - be forewarned! You might end up with new chicks, and soon!

Nice to have you here.

It's nice to hear he has recovered so well. Lol about the beard.

The Dr. pulled my cheek over to attach it to the cartilage at the bridge of my nose.
When he was done I asked if I could see it. He handed me a mirror. I was in shock and I could not speak. The side of my nose was flat against my face and stitched up from my eye to the tip of my nose. He said it should stand back up with the cartilage. He told me he was going to cut around the thing and give me a couple of stitches! So when I saw that I was horrified! But he bandaged me up. It's been 2 months and it is looking more natural. But I have bumps all the way from my tear duct to the nostril. It's scar tissue but he did not do a very good stitch job and it is going to stay this way I guess. But at least I hope I won't have to go through it again in this spot anyways. They say I will be more prone to getting them now.

I have been wanting chickens again for a long time. Dh finally took down all the runs that had collapsed. We will add a dog kennel to the coop for a run. And the coop is still in great shape. I can hardly wait till they get here! lol Dh said we could get 5. lol but they only let you order 10! Hahahah how's that for chicken math out the gate! :lau

Back
Top Bottom