The Old Folks Home

so, the pigs were smarter than we thought ?
26yes-no.gif
Well, at least, the one that chose straw was somewhat on the right track.

My hydrangea has been in the same place for six years and always had only blue flowers on it. This year it had a pink flower on one side. Anyone every have this happen?

I think they need aluminum sulfate ???? to turn blue-er We had one in the '50's and it stopped traffic. I know we had to buy stuff to add to the soil. Not sure that was the right additive, I mentioned. But that name came up from somewhere.

It depends if your soil is acidic or alkaline. So something must have changed with the soil it's in. Very pretty though. I've tried growing them here so many times with no luck, but a green thumb I do not possess:)

Last edited:
Figured I spent way too much time indoors last weekend sewing so I went out for a hike today. Not extremely long, a little over 4 miles total. It was a great day here to be outside and I got rewarded with getting pictures of two bull moose and a bunch of other pretties. Had a lot of fun and even took SCG along with me in a way. I happened to have signal most of the hike so I bombed her with pictures the whole time I was out. It was almost like having her there. ;)
Wow beautiful pix. You must live in paradise. I know from your pix it would be for me:)

I had seen you guys post some beautiful pictures of a little bit of everything so I thought I would add some that I took today. I owe this to all of those little fertilizers walking around in my yard. My Roma tomatoes are just huge, not all of them but a lot of them and I got the biggest zucchini I have ever grown in my garden other then when they get huge around and are overgrown. The squash I've gotten those white squash I really can't think of what the name of those is but these guys are way bigger than what I had last year. Just wanted to share.
Nice crop:) Our gardens went KAPUT on us this year. I'm in the heat & drought of south central California. Can hardly wait to move to where is lush and green and rivers flow:)

dsgard, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Moose - or mooses
gig.gif
. Even if you are using a long lens, I wouldn't recommend being in the same zip code.
hide.gif

Last edited:
They're really only dangerous during rutting season.

Oh, and when they're on the road. They differ from deer because they're so tall their eyes don't reflect in your headlights... and you don't really see them until you're right up on them.

Back
Top Bottom