The Old Folks Home

It may be a different species or strain? @Alaskan might know his degree is in Range land management.

But Yep it can invade your yard big time wether you irrigate or not.

nasty stuff.
foxtail-weeds.jpg

deb
fab46s00e.jpg

Or am I just posting a different stage of it? Lol! That's exactly what we have. rant.gif

Thanks!! Yes very much the truth. Elderly with Alzheimer disease are hit the hardest. It can be heart breaking to see a sweet lady turn into a cussing distraught lady. Very sad.
Yes I'm sure that is hard. Especially knowing it will happen once a month without fail.
Alzheimer disease makes it very hard on both parties, even without the moon's involvement. :(

Yes I'm sure that is hard. Especially knowing it will happen once a month without fail.
Alzheimer disease makes it very hard on both parties, even without the moon's involvement. :(
It really does! Sometimes it is harder to teach families how to cope with mom/grandmas dad/grandpas new mentality then the residents coping. I've seen residents resort back to childhood or child rearing days and want a baby doll to care for. I've also seen residents reinvent themselves into a whole new persona. Just because a resident changed doesn't mean anyone has done something wrong. The hard ones are the young ones. We are seeing more and more people in their 40s or 50s with drug induced dementia. That usually results in aggressive behavior. That is a sad case to.

It really does! Sometimes it is harder to teach families how to cope with mom/grandmas dad/grandpas new mentality then the residents coping. I've seen residents resort back to childhood or child rearing days and want a baby doll to care for. I've also seen residents reinvent themselves into a whole new persona. Just because a resident changed doesn't mean anyone has done something wrong. The hard ones are the young ones. We are seeing more and more people in their 40s or 50s with drug induced dementia. That usually results in aggressive behavior. That is a sad case to.
My maternal mother's side...all "lose their minds" as we call it...but it would be dementia presumably from Alzheimers. Her father and her 13 brothers and sisters all have followed the exact same path.

I was in grade 2 or 3 when my great grandpa (in his 80s) would strike off outside to feed his cattle. I was usually sent out to retrieve him, get him settled down and bring him back to the house. It always surprised me how someone in the moment could have such strength and do things they couldn't normally do. I've been exposed to this since a young child. We used to visit the care home every weekend when I was in grades 4-5 and I often helped residents who had lost their way, back to their rooms.

To someone who hasn't been exposed to a family member until they deal with their parents or significant others...I'm sure it is painfully hard to comprehend. I remember watching the movie "Away from Her." That movie was an eye opener for me, even being exposed like I had been. It's so sad how the disease steals away the very person they are.

There was someone in the care home my husband's family have been in who's young but can't care for themselves anymore for that exact reason. That's very sad as well.

My husband's family are as sharp as they come...right to the end. Our son has spent some time in care homes with us and visiting by himself when he was a young kid. The care home is right across from the school. He'd go and visit his great grandmother and he also saw and chatted with the other residents as he made his way. He's versed his friends on the etiquette and how to conduct themselves in visiting the care home, what to expect and how to visit on the way to his grandma's room. Very proud of him for that...lol.

according to Wikipedia there are four species that produce the fox tail delivery system of seeds.

so maybe they are different.

deb
I will have to check that out. It would wouldn't be surprising, since they have likely have to adapt to the specific area.

(I don't know what my fingers are typing apparently.):barnie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom