The Old Folks Home

Is this truly an old folks home????? Can I get a prayer from all that prays. I have a growth on my parotid gland. Had it biopsied Tues waiting for an answer. I have teeth trouble and being diabetic does not help. Mouth pain is terrible. I wish you new good news about your teeth.
Welcome!

Pull up a rocking chair and tell us all about it!

Do you have an adenoma on your para thyroid Gland? My DW had one of those and it was removed. It is extremely rare for them to be cancerous.

Is this truly an old folks home????? Can I get a prayer from all that prays. I have a growth on my parotid gland. Had it biopsied Tues waiting for an answer. I have teeth trouble and being diabetic does not help. Mouth pain is terrible. I wish you new good news about your teeth.
Best of wishes for the very best outcome for you!

Prayers sent @crazyhen75 and of course you are welcomed to join in.

I'm gobbling down lunch and then heading outside to get the new gate hung between my runs and get the fencing repaired so I can seriously get those annoying little roosters out of the big pen and coop.

All you with rodent problems will appreciate this. I have been hearing a mouse nest 'somewhere' in the main coop. I've shuffled things around and moved things, checked the chicken wire enclosed bait in the tomcat bait holder, moved the nesting buckets around, nada but still hearing the squeek squeek when I am in the coop. Last night I was looking out the window in the south side of the coop and heard the 'sqeek' again this time in my left ear. Hmmmm. Only thing there is the main nesting box with a shelf over it that has the nesting buckets sitting on it but look! There is a tunnel in it. This is a big whopping old oak plank that is 2.5X8 inches that had made up part of the corral that was here when we moved in. It looks like a 'knot hole' had fallen out of the end of the board and something had tunneled in. Not a mouse but it was a tunnel about 1-1.5 inches in width and by golly there is a mouse peeping out at me!

This means war! I grabbed a stainless steel doll rod that I keep in the coop to help secure the pop door and went a pokin' in that tunnel. It went back about 18 inches in the wood and out popped an inch long mouse pup. Chickens were asleep and kind of looked at me when I shined my flashlight in their faces like 'whaaaaaaat? You woke me up to eat that? you eat it!' and tucked their heads back under their wings.

Buck, my chicken guard dog thought it was delicious. Now I need to go out and on top of getting the gate hung, I need to seal up the end of that board....somehow. Maybe a metal cap over it?

Anybody got any ideas?

I'm gobbling down lunch and then heading outside to get the new gate hung between my runs and get the fencing repaired so I can seriously get those annoying little roosters out of the big pen and coop.

All you with rodent problems will appreciate this. I have been hearing a mouse nest 'somewhere' in the main coop. I've shuffled things around and moved things, checked the chicken wire enclosed bait in the tomcat bait holder, moved the nesting buckets around, nada but still hearing the squeek squeek when I am in the coop. Last night I was looking out the window in the south side of the coop and heard the 'sqeek' again this time in my left ear. Hmmmm. Only thing there is the main nesting box with a shelf over it that has the nesting buckets sitting on it but look! There is a tunnel in it. This is a big whopping old oak plank that is 2.5X8 inches that had made up part of the corral that was here when we moved in. It looks like a 'knot hole' had fallen out of the end of the board and something had tunneled in. Not a mouse but it was a tunnel about 1-1.5 inches in width and by golly there is a mouse peeping out at me!

This means war! I grabbed a stainless steel doll rod that I keep in the coop to help secure the pop door and went a pokin' in that tunnel. It went back about 18 inches in the wood and out popped an inch long mouse pup. Chickens were asleep and kind of looked at me when I shined my flashlight in their faces like 'whaaaaaaat? You woke me up to eat that? you eat it!' and tucked their heads back under their wings.

Buck, my chicken guard dog thought it was delicious. Now I need to go out and on top of getting the gate hung, I need to seal up the end of that board....somehow. Maybe a metal cap over it?

Anybody got any ideas?
Can you cut out the board and replace it? Going to be a trouble spot.

Anybody got any ideas?
Good job on rodent eradication!

Welcome!

Pull up a rocking chair and tell us all about it!

Do you have an adenoma on your para thyroid Gland? My DW had one of those and it was removed. It is extremely rare for them to be cancerous.
Not parathyroid, parotid gland one of the salivary glands in front of the ear. It has been putting pressure on the nerve that controls my mouth on the rt. side. I am very concerned as I have had squamous cancer on my face in the past. That one can travel. Just say a prayer.

Back
Top Bottom