The Old Folks Home

may I introduce the new additions to my flock:
names.jpg

On the basis of behaviour alone, I'm gonna stick my neck out here and id Kenfig as a pullet and Narberth as a cockerel... Kenfig lives in her mum's shadow :love and Narberth is already wandering off :th

Adorable @Perris. I see a top knot on one of them, Kenfig I think. Is he a Polish?

Morning all. Happy Memorial Day. To all who served, thank you. In memory of all those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom, may you rest in peace.

I think sopping wet is the new standard for the 5 musketeers. They are having a ball in the lagoon. Last night they were so tired that Sid, who usually wants to sit in my lap, crawled up in my chair after I dried her off and fell asleep. She never does that. The others were content to lay on a rug and eat cookies but nobody wanted to play ball or run around.

Nothing like wearing the fur children out so they sleep.

Cute chicks!

Diva and Sour -- All is not lost cinema-wise. Drive-in movies are making a big comeback.
When I was a kid, Mom & Dad used to drop the back seat in the station wagon, put a couple of chaise lounge cushions and blankets back there, and off to the movies we'd go. We kids usually didn't make it through the first movie before slumber hit. Later we'd go and have family night... Usually sci-fi movies playing, like "Planet of the Apes"
In high school, a group of us would grab a pizza and enjoy as the cost of admission was less than going to the theater. Then in college we added champagne to the mix. Lots of fun, those drive-ins!

Apparently there's still 330 drive-in theaters in existence in the USA.
We have a person here that does a mobile drive-in, kind of a reverse spin on drive-ins. He's got a flatbed that he put a screen on and goes to various neighborhoods and people set out on their lawns or large grassy areas. Our Gov put the quash on that a bit until we eased up on social-distancing guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom