The Old Folks Home

Interesting tidbit:
Just got an email from our blood bank saying that along with cholesterol screening you'll also get Covid antibody screening with each donation (info to be posted on your donor page.)

Just skeptical me thinking out loud here... Me thinks this offer might be because perhaps active Covid virus was getting transfused from asymptomatic donor blood and ergo the screening vs. an actual hook to get you to donate. Hmmmm...
No. It's not the test for Covid-19. They're looking for more recent cases, that have enough antibodies. That's the test Dh took. Yes, they found a few antibodies, but not enough for their purpose.

Anybody heard from DD? Kinda worried about her.

Chicka, if your body is telling you to rest.....listen to it, please. Work will keep.
Hey Becky, DD is going for a colonoscopy. She is scared, but I always feel great the day after. The prep is always the worst part.

I had my first radiation treatment yesterday. Made me sick to my stomach for a bit afterwards. But after I ate I felt better. the side of my nose hurts like a bad sunburn. I hate having to go to town every day. :idunno
You'll get through this!!! Hopefully your body will learn to deal with the radiation after a bit of time. Rest as much as you need to :hugs

I'd be scared too which is why I told my doctor that if he ever found me unconscious he'd better do one then because that was the only way I'd ever have one..
Wouldn't do any good, they can't check if the pipes aren't clear, which is why you have to do the uncomfortable prep. The actual process is nothing if you are asleep. They asked me if I wanted to watch, I said "sure". And that is the last thing I remember until they wanted me out of the recovery room bed before my brain unfogged. I guess I'm more "susceptible" to the anesthetic than most.

You'll get through this!!! Hopefully your body will learn to deal with the radiation after a bit of time. Rest as much as you need to :hugs

Wouldn't do any good, they can't check if the pipes aren't clear, which is why you have to do the uncomfortable prep. The actual process is nothing if you are asleep. They asked me if I wanted to watch, I said "sure". And that is the last thing I remember until they wanted me out of the recovery room bed before my brain unfogged. I guess I'm more "susceptible" to the anesthetic than most.
Gee Bruce I see you have never heard of the delightful 'enemas until clear' have you?

Had to do that to a cop once who was having a colonoscopy done. I told him that if I ever went by him when he was at work going 10 MPH above the speed limit, he wouldn't hold the what I was about to do to him against me.

Yeah, I had twilight sleep once while having a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist. Twilight my eye. Out like a switch, woke up with a nurse I used to work with asking me if I was catching up on my sleep.

Back
Top Bottom