The Old Folks Home

I boiled sugar water for rock candy, last night. Each of the kids picked their color, and we put some in their cup, then poured in the boiling sugar water. I broke long bamboo skewers in half, and put them in the cups of colored sugar water. They were so excited. I told them it will take time for the crystals to grow. Every hour, they're running to the kitchen to see if the crystals have gown any. Patience, grasshopper.

cheep, I always kept a full spare tank. Whenever I ran out of gas, it was always in the middle of cooking something. Never failed. After a few times of that, I got the spare tank, so I could just swap it out quickly, and finish cooking. It sure beat having to drag all the food back into the house, to finish cooking it.
yeah--so do I--backup was empty too!! (f!!k up by me) now we are back on track--got both refilled

I boiled sugar water for rock candy, last night. Each of the kids picked their color, and we put some in their cup, then poured in the boiling sugar water. I broke long bamboo skewers in half, and put them in the cups of colored sugar water. They were so excited. I told them it will take time for the crystals to grow. Every hour, they're running to the kitchen to see if the crystals have gown any. Patience, grasshopper.
That is a fun activity for the grand children!

Back
Top Bottom