The Old Folks Home

I used to walk everywhere and anywhere and enjoyed it to the hilt. Then got old enough to ride the senior/disabled bus . When I figured out how many hours it took to walk to some of my favorite places and come home walking during rush hour or getting dark outside(winter)plus almost no street lights or sidewalks I gave in to riding the bus.

Still have to walk half a block to catch the bus . I told the driver it's really a mile for me to walk since I'm short and have to take two steps to everyone else's ONE step. She agreed.
Things are just so much better having a woman bus driver. But when she calls one of us 'MISSY' it means trouble for somebody.:oops:

We are having a covid surge here...I am not amused. Heard on our local HAM Club Net today that the local ICU is filled and having trouble finding places to send their overflow.

Not too tickled to hear that either.

What I AM happy about is that I got the last of the apples picked. Sent a big box to one neighbor along with a box of pie pumpkins, Sent two boxes of apples and a box of pie pumpkins to our other neighbor who sent us a box of pint mason jars filled with green beans and carrots! And a fourth box of apples and pumpkins to the Amish family who does our haying.

I did 4 quarts of apples to the freezer yesterday and DH helped me put 4 more quarts in today. Hoping for 16-20 quarts all together. The rest will go to the neighbor who gave us all the canned goods.

My chuckle for today was this:

IMG_2740.JPG

Diesel, Master of the utility room and ruler of all he sees! And yes, the upper bunk with the springs and padding is still his per his decree.

We are having a covid surge here...I am not amused. Heard on our local HAM Club Net today that the local ICU is filled and having trouble finding places to send their overflow.

What I AM happy about is that I got the last of the apples picked. Sent a big box to one neighbor along with a box of pie pumpkins, Sent two boxes of apples and a box of pie pumpkins to our other neighbor who sent us a box of pint mason jars filled with green beans and carrots! And a fourth box of apples and pumpkins to the Amish family who does our haying.

I did 4 quarts of apples to the freezer yesterday and DH helped me put 4 more quarts in today. Hoping for 16-20 quarts all together. The rest will go to the neighbor who gave us all the canned goods.

View attachment 2385757

Diesel, Master of the utility room and ruler of all he sees! And yes, the upper bunk with the springs and padding is still his per his decree.
That's adorable!

View attachment 2385757

It is sad about covid-19 surging

Diesel is too cute!

Yeah, Ron and the little heathen knows it too!

I must be getting used to this new way of life because hearing the news I just sighed and did my mantra 'Keep Staying Home, Keep Staying Home, Keep Staying Home......'
Today at Costco I was going to go down the cereal aisle but saw an older man with his mask pulled down and the Wife with the nose not covered. I quickly went the other way!

They looked like they were high risk for covid-19 complications too

Ooh, I love that soup!
I worked on fixing the overhang for the goat shed today. Nearly done, but need more caulk.
Went to put this Calico frizzle bantam cochin pullet away tonight and couldn't find her. Finally found her hiding spot near the coop she was supposed to be in.
View attachment 2384822View attachment 2384822

So do I, Cap. It's one of those guilt free foods that tastes good AND is nourishing.

I LOVE that little hen! She looks like a little turkey that was last in line and didn't get all the required parts that Turkeys are supposed to get.

Yeah, Ron and the little heathen knows it too!

I must be getting used to this new way of life because hearing the news I just sighed and did my mantra 'Keep Staying Home, Keep Staying Home, Keep Staying Home......'
But...it's so boring! I went to the swap today, and attendance was low. Only 5 vendors. I didn't sell much, but bought 2 bunnies and 5, 5 month old BO pullets for less than I was asking for my 7 week old pullets!

Back
Top Bottom