The Old Folks Home

I went out earlier to let the chickens into their runs. The rooster with the batch of my daughter's chickens, came after me. I grabbed my rooster stick, and we went around. When we got through, he was giving me wide berth. I'll see how he does in the morning. The last time he showed any aggression was when he was going through that hormonal "teenage" phase, and got him under control right away. He's been fine every since then, showing no aggression, until today. He's better shape up real fast, or he will be culled.

I went out earlier to let the chickens into their runs. The rooster with the batch of my daughter's chickens, came after me. I grabbed my rooster stick, and we went around. When we got through, he was giving me wide berth. I'll see how he does in the morning. The last time he showed any aggression was when he was going through that hormonal "teenage" phase, and got him under control right away. He's been fine every since then, showing no aggression, until today. He's better shape up real fast, or he will be culled.
He should calm down. This is a time of year when hormones increase again-- as hours of daylight increase

Morning old folks! I hope everyone is doing well.

FB_IMG_1610716369978.jpg

I am finished with home health and doing pretty good.
Yay!!! Glad to have you back in the coop.

And did not want to share misery. lol
Share away! Better than us wondering if you made it out of surgery alive ;)
Given the length of your absence I doubt you've read all the old posts. If you had you would find a number wondering about you and hoping for the best. :hugs

I have been watching video's trying my hand at making paper flowers today.
Nice work!!

Morning old folks! I hope everyone is doing well.

View attachment 2490382
A case where truth is stranger than fiction!

Good morning all. Busy week here but I'm getting lots done. It's just taking me twice as long thanks to having to stop and rest every hour or two. I spent yesterday up in the attic. One day was spent cutting new mopboards then staining them. I have two more ready to be installed.

I worked on the article project and illos.

Spent one day riding the sofa, watching old movies as my back was acting up.

We had snow here yesterday. 3 inches of soggy wet snow. Right after getting rid of a lot of the ice and snow that was on the ground. Figures. But we missed a blizzard warning so nobody is complaining.

Clue, my adolescent roosters are doing the same thing. They follow me around begging for treats and when I hold my hand down to them with a scratch grain offering, they peck me. I don't mind the pecks so much as they don't do that very hard, almost like a peck they would give a hen. But when they grab ahold and bite down to the point that they leave blood, that is when they get their attitudes adjusted. I won't have tolerate that behavior in a roo and if they continue, the chastisement increases until they stop. Usually what happens by that time is that they want nothing more to do with me which is fine if they are going to misbehave.

I have older roosters that jostle to get pets and treats so there are always nice roosters to take the place of one that is acting out and won't be calmed down.

My hens have started laying again. Weird. Last year they started late February. Guess they just wanted to keep me on my toes. They all aren't laying yet but yesterday I got 10 eggs from the bunch so I'm not complaining.

Back
Top Bottom