The Old Folks Home

How is this pronounced?

No, but I got my nap taken! :lau
chill a koth e

City pronunciations can get tricky. Back in IL there was a little town near us called Fiat. Naturally your first inclination is to call it like the car Fee ot. Nope it was Fye ot. Then there is Callao....still haven't figured that one out. I think it's call A Oh but I've heard it prounced Cal lay oh also so who knows.

Morning everyone. Windy with temps in the 40s. We had over 3 inches of rain so pretty much soggy everywhere.

I've got two loaves of Amish sweet white bread rising, chooks are fed and watered, ready to get on with the rest of the day.

Last edited:
I like it when I say, any use for this? I don't even know what it is! If not it's going to the trash! Hold the object up. DH takes it from me, admits he doesn't know what it is but puts it back in the save pile.

Needless to say we seldom get rid of anything around here.:rolleyes:
Sounds VERY familiar! Except that DW rarely even looks at the piles of stuff. We did ust buy 2 "kitchen surfaces/shelves" from Vermont Country Store. Have to move something else in front of the windows where there is a pile of boxes. DW is presumably going to look through them. I hope so, at least one has NOTHING but her stuff in it.

And now, for those that haven't heard, we found money. Oh boy, did we find money.
YAY!!!!! Glad you got those things done and I'm sure you miss DH terribly.

City pronunciations can get tricky.
Yep. A few from Vermont:
Barre - Bare E
Charlotte - Shar Lot
Peacham - Pea chum

watching over the siblings sorta 🐱

Attachments

• guard cat.JPG
    guard cat.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom