The Old Folks Home

CHICKEN.jpg

Doctor is giving me a chance to lose weight before he pushes another cholesterol med at me. He asked me what I would like to weigh as a goal. I told him 125. He agreed.

I also learned that my scale is far from accurate, sigh. I've lost between 7 and 10 pounds that I know of but now I am faced with losing another 15 in 8 weeks.

I got home and bought a new scale....frankly I liked the numbers the old scale were giving me a lot better than the ones his scale did. I think all I did was eat over the winter.

This morning I called our local pharmacy to order refills on my prescriptions and it kept giving me the Walgreen's Pharmacy in Kirksville. Strange. DH said. Do you think they closed up? Couldn't imagine. Nobody said anything last month. So we did an internet search and heck, they closed without warning last Tuesday and sent everyone's RXs to Kirksville's Walgreens which is the last pharmacy I would ever pick.

I've never heard of such a thing. No letter no notification, nothing. Just bye see ya around. Another hit to our small community of 1300 people. Lost our grocery last year, now the pharmacy and the local feed store is moving out of the city to their rural plant where they manufacture fertilizer. Which luckily is nearby.

I spent the half hour before leaving for my appointment hunting up a new pharmacy.

But what's happening really makes me sad. No grocery store, no pharmacy but we have a Family Dollar, a Dollar Tree and a Dollar General...It's like, what were they thinking?! :th
That you guys only have a few dollars?

That you guys only have a few dollars?
The local grocery chain here in the midwest is HyVee. Employee owned, I've never been in one that the employees working weren't friendly, kind and considerate. Always smiling, always asking if they can help you. They hire a lot of young adults from AT-Stills and Truman universities along with the high school kids. Stores are big and roomy plus they have a service called Isles On Line. You can basically do your grocery shopping on line, pay with credit card and an employee guest shopper will fill your order and you just drive up and they load it in your car for you.

Wonderful service that I have been using for two years now. The store is too big for my arthritis to deal with. If I shop, I'm exhausted and aching so the service has been a godsend.

They have a pharmacy that I have used before and recently had received a letter from Aetna who handles my Medicare D policy asking me if I realized I could save over 500 dollars annually if I used a pharmacy on their list. HyVee was one of the pharmacies.

I picked up my prescriptions today or rather DH did and when he got home I asked him how much the damage was. 40 dollars, less than half the price from the local defunct drug store.

For once I was speechless.

Getting some well needed rain here. Unfortunately thunder, lightning and heavy downpours go along with it.

We got rain today too. My schedule has been on the hectic side, since school is nearly over. Finishing up on all the last minute student/teacher assessments, and getting passwords for the final exams.

I mentioned to the teacher today that there have been a couple assignments, that I've had a LOT of trouble uploading. They require a video of the youngest to count to 100, then add and subtract the problems on the page. I've done the videos without a hitch. Every time I go to upload, it says the file's too big. I've used a program to compress the files, which has helped, but not enough. Still too big. There is an English assignment that I'm having the same trouble with. The teacher finally told me that everyone was having the same problem. Just do audio, instead of both audio and video. The audio file is much smaller, and will upload. Why couldn't they post this on the main class page? Oh no, that might simplify everyone's life. :th

We got rain today too. My schedule has been on the hectic side, since school is nearly over. Finishing up on all the last minute student/teacher assessments, and getting passwords for the final exams.

I mentioned to the teacher today that there have been a couple assignments, that I've had a LOT of trouble uploading. They require a video of the youngest to count to 100, then add and subtract the problems on the page. I've done the videos without a hitch. Every time I go to upload, it says the file's too big. I've used a program to compress the files, which has helped, but not enough. Still too big. There is an English assignment that I'm having the same trouble with. The teacher finally told me that everyone was having the same problem. Just do audio, instead of both audio and video. The audio file is much smaller, and will upload. Why couldn't they post this on the main class page? Oh no, that might simplify everyone's life. :th
They like wasting hours of your time?

:th

The local grocery chain here in the midwest is HyVee. Employee owned, I've never been in one that the employees working weren't friendly, kind and considerate. Always smiling, always asking if they can help you. They hire a lot of young adults from AT-Stills and Truman universities along with the high school kids. Stores are big and roomy plus they have a service called Isles On Line. You can basically do your grocery shopping on line, pay with credit card and an employee guest shopper will fill your order and you just drive up and they load it in your car for you.

Wonderful service that I have been using for two years now. The store is too big for my arthritis to deal with. If I shop, I'm exhausted and aching so the service has been a godsend.

They have a pharmacy that I have used before and recently had received a letter from Aetna who handles my Medicare D policy asking me if I realized I could save over 500 dollars annually if I used a pharmacy on their list. HyVee was one of the pharmacies.

I picked up my prescriptions today or rather DH did and when he got home I asked him how much the damage was. 40 dollars, less than half the price from the local defunct drug store.

Getting some well needed rain here. Unfortunately thunder, lightning and heavy downpours go along with it.
Sorry to hear that you have such trouble with your arthritis. And glad you can get help with the grocery shopping!
Saving money on rxs is always a good thing.

And big bonus, Hy-Vee carries my pig cheeks! So as usual, when we go back to Sioux Falls next month for my niece’s wedding, we’ll be bringing two extra coolers and stocking up! We’ll pack those things with pig cheeks until there’s just enough room for a piece of dry ice and then divvy up the bounty with Kenny and Jenny when we get home.

Back
Top Bottom