The Old Folks Home

I have a lot to do before I can get there. I need to fence in the pasture and build a pole barn with roosts. Oh and talk dh into it! lol But I did talk to the man I want to get my stock from. He offered to sell me stock at wholesale and let me be a dealer for him.
I told him I need to put some stock out and see how much interest I can get first.
If I do it will be standard Bronze and Burbon Red turkey. Not sure about chickens yet.
I was selling 400-500 a year. But I need to see how many are interested first.

Thank you. It's nice to see everyone!

I wish you the best with your hip and knee. Find a Dr. that someone highly recommends!
My Dr. messed mine up. My prosthetic makes my right leg 2" longer than my left. And I walk like an old man in the westerns with a peg leg. If I don't use my cane.

Congrats on your new granddaughter. And best of luck on your grandson.
On No! One of our Lecturers had a bad hip replacement. He had it fixed at Stanford.

I already walk funny due to the bit of foot drop on my right foot.

On No! One of our Lecturers had a bad hip replacement. He had it fixed at Stanford.

I already walk funny due to the bit of foot drop on my right foot.
I do not want to go through another surgery. Honestly I can get along fine with my cane.
I don't mind it.

Do not wait to long to get the surgery Ron. It will make it more difficult to fix.

When I got mine done my socket was gone and the leg bone was going into my body cavity.
My knee on the same leg is gone. My leg and thigh bones keep dislocating out of the knee. But I need to find a different Dr. to fix it. At some point.

Didn't post about it, haven't been getting on here much, but lost all but one of my birds to a predator in one night last summer, left pop door open to non predator proof run. Guess my luck ran out.
All of my Jersey Giant/Naked Necks and Naked Necks gone, and my only other old bird a nine year old Polish that did lay occasionally. Only bird left nine year old easter egger. Didn't want to buy more birds so figured I'd see if she sets, she did once when she was young. She sat and hatched out five only one had naked neck and died. The other four ended up three pullets and one cockerel. Cockerel died from unknown month or so ago. Now the three EE/NN/JG pullets are laying!! Going to get more chicks in the spring AFTER I build a predator proof run. Been keeping these birds locked up in the big coop when I'm not home until then.

Back
Top Bottom