The Old Folks Home

Bit of a cold snap lately. Yesterday barely got into the 40's. However, it is pruning season (and weather), so out I go until my face has to come inside to thaw out.

The newbie flock has begun laying. Averaging 6 eggs daily from the 10 pullets. And suddenly just like that the crazy chicken lady became everybody's favorite neighbor....

Wow. I guess they said "heck, she's already under for her hip replacement, might as well do a couple of heart procedures as well"? ;)
Lol I actually had the two heart procedures a year apart then the hip. Three years shot to heck.
ONLY morning? That would be an improvement.
It's worse in the morning. I just try to stay moving as much as I can. Or eat asprin.
That is lot of turkeys! Were you selling poults, live adults, processed for dinner?
And if you were selling that many birds before why do you need all the new infrastructure to get started again?
We had pens set up for breeding trio's. But a hurricane last year took out 8 trees and collapsed most of the pens. I am hoping to just turn all the birds out in the fenced pasture with a pole barn with food and water and nest boxes. I have not decided if I will get into chickens again or not. He is trying to get me too. We made most of our money on turkey poults and eggs.

I did not get a discount on the surgery. But he won't do my knee or my other hip when it's time to get it done. That's for sure!

Hey old people, anyone like the original Night Court tv show? I kinda barely remember it but anyway DW put it on a revival on NBC, watching it on Peacock. Only watched the first episode so far but I think it's pretty good like a old timey sitcom. John Larroquette is even on it again as in he's asked to come back and work at the court playing the same character but old now of course 😂

Hey old people, anyone like the original Night Court tv show? I kinda barely remember it but anyway DW put it on a revival on NBC, watching it on Peacock. Only watched the first episode so far but I think it's pretty good like a old timey sitcom. John Larroquette is even on it again as in he's asked to come back and work at the court playing the same character but old now of course 😂
I've seen bits of it. Is John the only original character?

Back
Top Bottom