The ONE pest I didn't prepare for.

Mishyk

Chirping
Mar 20, 2021
Paper wasps are nesting in my coop. I knocked the nest down but they are hanging out in the rafters. I thought with no nest they would leave overnight. It is not a large coop. What can I do to get rid of them? My babies are 5 weeks old and I wanted to give them some outdoor time in their coop today.

Attachments

• 161892449211827077334596648152.jpg
    161892449211827077334596648152.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 51
Paper wasps are nesting in my coop. I knocked the nest down but they are hanging out in the rafters. I thought with no nest they would leave overnight. It is not a large coop. What can I do to get rid of them? My babies are 5 weeks old and I wanted to give them some outdoor time in their coop today.
Spray and leave the doors and windows open for a bit.

There are fake nests that you can put up that will help keep the wasps from building in there. It seems that they won't build a nest by an existing nest ...
We never knock down a nest after spraying for that reason. It seems to work too.

One site I looked at said to spray with soap and water ...
A fake nest is a good idea. Spray, and then put up a fake nest.

There are fake nests that you can put up that will help keep the wasps from building in there. It seems that they won't build a nest by an existing nest ...
We never knock down a nest after spraying for that reason. It seems to work too.

One site I looked at said to spray with soap and water ...
My mom swears my dawn and water too. Kills the same as fleas she says. May be a much safter alternative than heavy pesticides? And cheaper. Worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom