The only hen I have that ever goes Broody is showing signs of......

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by A.J.'s, Jan 18, 2009.

1. A.J.'s

A.J.'s Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Tennessee
    going broody..
    I noticed that she has been on the same nest every time I gather eggs for the last 3 days, so I gave her a few more. I think she is serious.
    It was 0 degrees this week for most of the week. I dont know if she stands a chance or not, she wouddnt have to be gone long from the nest to ruin the while hatch. But she is a good momma and has hatched just about every egg she has attempted. So Im watching.
    Does anyone think I should put a heating pad under her? I think at least that Im gonna put a better pad under her tomorrow. She has galvonized metal nest with hay in it. but I feel a nice pillow would be nice or am I trying to humanize her.
    I try hard to keep from trying to force my animals to be human. I think its so silly to see folks try to give their animals human feelings and needs.
    I hope if ever Im captured and put into a pen no one tries to force me to be a dog or cat or chicken or mouse or hampster or fish or snake y ikes ................

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Might be too cold at present... unless you put a insulating pad of some kind under her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by