The OTA can you help?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rancher hicks, Nov 3, 2011.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I received an e-mail concerning new legislation about organic from the Organic Trade Association.

The e-mail is asking me to contact the Representatives in NY about this. Can anyone fill me in on what is going on? Should I send this preprinted letter that the OTA has given me? I have printed them out but want some advice on whether to send them.

I'm familiar with Organic and all that, but what's going on?

I buy organic when I can and I was surprised that I got more lemons buying organic than not, so prices may be coming down. I just wish I could buy organic feed for my chickens cheaper or at least at non organic prices. I wouldn't even mind if there was a minimum purchase to get organic feed at a cheaper price. Maybe if companies that made organic feed were to require a pre-puchased amount. Heck I could order a month at a time. That would be guaranteed sales for them.

Thanks,

Rancher

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm not sure but I believe that organics are being put under pressure to plant with seed approved by US, which may be not organic and may be GMO.

There is a lot of concern and dialogue about that re some legislative rules about US being in control of all seeds...mmmm.... Probably want to be in touch with the writer of the e mail...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by