The P.O. is trying to get more money for shipped chicks...check this out.

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
Got a letter from Ideal today. I have heard they were going to do this, but why? Are they going to take better care of our chicks? Are they going to call us and let us know our chicks have arrived, even from transfer Offices? Are they going to keep them in a warm place, or cool place for us until we can come in the morning, if they received them past open hrs? What..are they going to do different that they think they should raise the price on this? Dear Cynthia

The United States Postal Service is proposing a "Special Handling Fee" for poultry orders sent through the mail-stream. This fee would add $9.00 to shipments of 10 pounds or less and $11.95 for shipments over 10 pounds, increasing your total purchase price significantly. While they propose an increase, they do not outline how the funds will be used to improve the service they provide, nor does it offer how additional funds would address their concerns about; Protection of Postal Service employees, mail and the environment, or animals against death.

Please read the proposed changes and send your comments to the US Post Office. You can read the proposal on-line at the Federal Register:https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/24/2013-09603/new-mailing-standards-for-live-animals-and-special-handling

Wow,

Thanks for the info.

Seems the USPS will survive after all, by taxing and raising the heck out of their fees.

My Post Office cares about chicks and calls promptly at 6AM on Monday.

I do not beleive that services can be increased for the extra cash to ship already USPS Priority Live Shipments.

Spicy

Back
Top Bottom