The PERFECT FEEDER

What happens when the chicken steps off the side while still eating?
hu.gif

Quote:
Or if a second bird was eating from the side. What I would do would be to put sides on that go all the way to the tip of the platform. This way noone can get to it from the side and noone can step off with their head still in. - put a furring strip on the sides and then a panel on top of it would let you do this

-David
(your friendly neighborhood problem solver)

Last edited:
Quote:
Or if a second bird was eating from the side. What I would do would be to put sides on that go all the way to the tip of the platform. This way noone can get to it from the side and noone can step off with their head still in. - put a furring strip on the sides and then a panel on top of it would let you do this

-David
(your friendly neighborhood problem solver)

What would happen if the bird slipped off or another tried to get in from the side? They'd get whacked on the noggin!
Chickens is fun and useful, but not exactly the brightest bulbs on the tree.

IT doesn't have guillotine-like edge or anything and they're quick. One or two of such episodes and they would get the idea. Well, maybe.

I gather it isn't for a mass feeding of birds. Its more of a remote, covered feeding station, designed to keep vermin out. And I think it is gimmick cool enough to rate a wider audience.

Last edited:
Wow, that is smart! Even if you didn't have it as a leverage opening and just made it so it had the "cover" sticking out level--they would have a difficult time scratching the food out.

Is there anyway to get plans? I would purchase them!

Quote:
I dont think there are plans. It is pretty simple, as you can see, and should not be difficult to get together.

You might want to build it sticking through a wall, so it can be loaded from outside. Otherwise the chickens are going to get up on top of it and poop on it.

I like the concept, though.

Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom