The power went out!!!!!!!

awesomefowl

Argues with Goats
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
raxacoricofallapatorious
It was out from about 1:30 - 3:30 AM this morning.
barnie.gif
I propped open the incubator so they wouldn't suffocate--what that the right thing to do? Please don't tell me my 4 embryos won't hatch!!!
he.gif

They were/are due this Thursday.
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Usually leaving the incubator closed during a power outage is the thing to do.
wink.png
They'll be fine.
hugs.gif

Since my power is flickering, let me ask......REALLY?? Prop it open???? I haven't heard that. Should I prop it open or keep it closed? I noticed the last time this happened and I wrapped it in a blanket, the humidity skyrocketed.

Humidity goes threw the roof an the O2 drops fast an they still get cold. An they still grow but grow funny between 90 an 97 degrees so once they start cooling its better to just open it up an let them cool to the point they go in to suspend mode. At least that's what I have read.

Wow... that's a new one on me.
hmm.png
I never touch my incubators when we have an outage, and they've all been just fine. I always have holes open in the 1502s, so there's still air flow, but I try to keep the temp in there. I've just never read anything about opening in the incubator. That seems counter-intuitive...
hu.gif
But what do I know?

I don't get why you would prop it open? It seems the best thing to do would keep it closed to maintain the temperature. Hope all goes well!

Back
Top Bottom