The processor found..... UPDATE!!!! LINK IN FIRST POST!

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
She won't tell me what it is but here is what she said:

"One had dark feathers in its gizzard so I imagine that one was defending itself. One other had an interesteing item inside as well. A first for us. We saved it for when you pick up."

To which I said:

"______,
This is going to sound insane probably but it wouldn't be a beak would it?!
I had an 8 week old layer chick die the other day and when we found her, her beak was missing and we have no idea how that happened, it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. We searched and searched and never found it.
I will e-mail you more in a few minutes. Just going over the morning mail with coffee...
As always, you're a peach.
-Jenna"

To which she replied:

"Not a beak. That is really wierd."

My husband and I think it must be something Metal or Plastic or it would have broken down or something.
I pick them up tomorrow. We'll see what it is!

**********UPDATED post 265 on page 27!!!!!!!! ***********

Last edited:
interesting.. I can hardly wait to see what it was.
pop.gif

I know! I am on pins and needles waiting to find out! She is a friend of mine above and beyond her husband being my processor, our kids are in 4-H together and everything. I want so badly call her up and go "I can't wait, what was it?!"

I haven't lost any jewlery. I only wear three rings, my wedding band, my engagment ring, and an opal and diamond ring my mother gave me on my 18th birthday.
And I'm looking at them all right now
wink.png

I rarely wear earrings, and usually wear a, wait... My necklace is missing!

You don't think a Cornish X would eat a cross and it's 18" chain do you?!

Crud! BRB

I seriously cannot find it. I just ran upstairs and checked my bedding, my bathroom, my nightstand, under the bed.... I have my kids looking. I cannot even remember the last time I had it!
You know how you just wear something and get so used to it that you forget you have it on... Well, that's what happened.

Gosh, I really hope that's what it was now because that cross is special to me!
sad.png

I can't wait to see what it is! I hope it's your necklace. But, do you think any kind of jewelry would be weird? Not on the top of my weird list. However, if the fact that the chicken was butchered and when they opened it up. there was a cross, then that could be considered weird.
hu.gif
Or at least, unusual.

There's been a lot of birds with wire, screws, nails, etc. that have shown up on the x-rays and in their system, so I wouldn't think it was something like that. If they're processors, then they have surely seen a lot.

Keep us posted!

Shelly

That may be it then! The irony of a chicken that has been sent to the processor's with a cross in its crop would be just too much:lau Sorry for the warped sense of humor and no offense meant. It would just be ironic...

My grandma tells stories of when she was young her mother would butcher their chickens, and she was always finding odd things in the crops. Her favorite was when there would be a penny or even a nickle inside!

I'm curious too to see what was in your chicken. I agree though that the necklace wouldn't seem to be a very odd thing to find. Maybe she swallowed an egg??? That would be odd.

Back
Top Bottom