The run is loaded with flies

Pics

Ccort

Crowing
Dec 30, 2021
Kentucky, USA
My girls run is suddenly loaded with flies. How do I safely rid the run of them? Obviously can't use poison. What's effective but safe? And how do I prevent this from being a routine issue?

How bad are we talking with the flies? I mean, my run has flies too, they are attracted to the poop that the chickens are constantly dropping.

Might be worth a shot to add more material that will absorb the poop. One popular route for this is to get woodchips to throw in there. I've heard really good things about a site called chipdrop for getting free woodchips from local woodcutters.

How bad are we talking with the flies? I mean, my run has flies too, they are attracted to the poop that the chickens are constantly dropping.

Might be worth a shot to add more material that will absorb the poop. One popular route for this is to get woodchips to throw in there. I've heard really good things about a site called chipdrop for getting free woodchips from local woodcutters.
I noticed a hefty amount yesterday but today it's really bad. They're all over. Does hosing down the run help?
I'll check that site. Anything else in the meantime to get rid of these?

There's gotta be some sort of Old Wives Remedies to get rid of fly..... I'd imagine fly infestation was prevalent in kitchens back in the old days.

Honestly don’t know how much this would help, but I’m gonna try putting a few around my coop, outside of it more than likely. But I used them last year. We just bought the house at the beginning of August. We had to redu the foundation under the kitchen and there was A LOT of flies and most were biting flys. We really don’t know what they were attracted to but I got this and it attracted them in and they died in there. It helped a lot! I did change it often but after a while there wasn’t much left to worry about.

I would probably take into consideration what else it could attract with what you choose to put in it but if you take it out or down when the chickens go in, it might be ok.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Was...pd_rd_i=B07G9K77J7&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_1_t

Back
Top Bottom