The run is loaded with flies

My girls run is suddenly loaded with flies. How do I safely rid the run of them? Obviously can't use poison. What's effective but safe? And how do I prevent this from being a routine issue?
I use those ugly sticky fly strips. Work like a charm.

My girls run is suddenly loaded with flies. How do I safely rid the run of them? Obviously can't use poison. What's effective but safe? And how do I prevent this from being a routine issue?
One year I hung a fly trap inside the coop. Rescue Outdoor Fly Trap. It work very well but the smell that attracts the flies is god awful! The smell will calm down after awhile like weeks. You can get at Home Depot or Walmart.
Try it good luck. 👍

Sweep up dropping dustpan.Use playsand and drop around after cleaning.You can spray permethrin,limitedly after applying sand,not much,just to keep them away.
I clean ,remove droppings,often through day,little to no flies.I have sprayed permethrin around doors where they hang out on wood in sun.They stay away.

Don't know if u have aNlaines Farm amd Fleet near u, but they have these things called fly magnets....they are containers that u fill with water and put this packet in it...I had same problem, and this thing work wonders...I actually got 2 and hung them low in their run...collected about 50000 flies in a day...lol...the bait smells bad when u open it, but I swear by these....they also sell refill packs of bait so u don't have to keep buying containers

Don't know if u have a Blaines Farm amd Fleet near u, but they have these things called fly magnets....they are containers that u fill with water and put this packet in it...I had same problem, and this thing work wonders...I actually got 2 and hung them low in their run...collected about 50000 flies in a day...lol...the bait smells bad when u open it, but I swear by these....they also sell refill packs of bait so u don't have to keep buying containers

Sweep up dropping dustpan.Use playsand and drop around after cleaning.You can spray permethrin,limitedly after applying sand,not much,just to keep them away.
I clean ,remove droppings,often through day,little to no flies.I have sprayed permethrin around doors where they hang out on wood in sun.They stay away.
No use all purpose sand play sand is to fine will cause respatory problems

I have had great success with sprinkling diatomaceous earth on the ground especially in the areas they roost and poop the most. I sprinkle some in there nest boxes too and helps with mites. Been using it for years and love it. It’s great for killing fleas ticks and other bugs in comes in contact with.

We purchase "fly predators" on Amazon. They are a natural predator that eat the fly larvae that are laid on the chicken poop. They come as larvae themselves, that hatch and feed on the fly larvae. We order a pack of 5,000 every couple of weeks during fly season and they do a great job of controlling flies.

Back
Top Bottom