The sacrificial egg...

EggsForIHOP

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
TEXAS
So...the other night DH and I were hanging out, reading stuff here on BYC...just chilling basically...and he got ALL worried because HIS chickens (yes we have his and hers chickens) weren't laying yet. I told him not to worry, they would, as they are younger than my hens are by 6 weeks (his are right around 20/21 weeks, BO, BR, EE, and what I think are leghorns of some brown sort - very pretty, IDk if they are dark brown, light brown...they are just dainty and cute). THEN we found a post about "egg eaters" and he said "OH NO! What if we have an egg eater! What if that's why there are never any eggs?" I then concocted a plan...

So...tonight I brought home an egg from work (I know...it's an egg from the Devil's house and not from my yard!) I was NOT about to sacrifice one of my priceless green eggs from my EE or precious little banty eggs! I put it in the coop where his hens are...in a nest box...

ALL the hens crowded round...checked it out...and then....they wandered off and went about their business...Just as I did. I am going to sleep in a little tomorrow and get up late on purpose...but I bet it will still be there.

DH on the other hand keeps walking out to check and see if it's there...crazy man!

Anyone else ever try the "sacrificial egg" to see what would happen? He said just now "Bet we have 2 eggs there instead of one in the morning!" I however have my doubts as his hens have NOTHING on mine...just don't see it happening...but I had to share and ask if anyone else ever tried this. One more thing I think only chicken people would understand - I know the horse people would probably find me insane.

lau.gif
Poor guy! LOL Never tried that, but its a great idea! His girls should be laying soon enough. My DW has one chicken, a red cochin roo. I was going to get rid of him because I wanted to keep the blue one. I told her I was going to get rid of the red rooster and she said " I like that one get rid of the ugly one". Of course it was the blue one she was talking about! So in compromise I kept both of them.

Of course they're not going to eat a (egads!) storebought egg. They have their standards, you know.
Now, we all know, they will only eat their very own fresh, newly laid, still warm egg.
Your poor hubby - how cute that he's obsessing over his girls.
lol.png

Quote:
lau.gif
Even worse it's an egg from IHOP...so even though I'm the boss it's like a STOLEN store bought egg (we eat for free...but I think to-go food has to be cooked before it can go) If you don't tell....I won't....
hide.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
Even worse it's an egg from IHOP...so even though I'm the boss it's like a STOLEN store bought egg (we eat for free...but I think to-go food has to be cooked before it can go) If you don't tell....I won't....
hide.gif

ROFL

I had a salad at IHOP the other night and it came with a hardboiled egg. First time I've seen a storebought egg in....ages
I couldn't eat it, it was practically solid white. I'm serious the yolk could have gotten lost on the white of the plate it was THAT pale!!!
sickbyc.gif

Oh my good Lord - Stolen IHop eggs!
lol.png

Just what is the world coming to?!?!?!

How do I protect my family?

hide.gif

Tala,
maybe it wasn't actually an egg. Maybe it was the golf ball they put in the nest to teach the chicken where to lay and they got confused (they being city folk from IHop lol) and hard boiled the already hard 'egg.' hehehe, hmmm maybe I should get more sleep..................

Last edited:
OMG! Those hardboiled eggs come out of plastic packages...a box FULL of plastic packages that are full of eggs! They claim to be real eggs...but I think they are like fake hams. You know, Chopped and Pressed and formed to LOOK like eggs! I hate serving them....I feel like I am cheating people. It's really creepy to see all those in that box when they arrive...like chicken blasphemy...

.........like chicken blasphemy...

lau.gif
gig.gif

I had no idea I'd be so entertained by a thread.

Thanks, I needed the laugh.

caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom