The saga of introducing my adopted roo continues....

JulieBeth07

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Fort Pierce, FL
Could be both.
Looks like they are submitting to him.
What does he do after they submit?
I don't know much about ducks...... @oldhenlikesdogs might have some insight.

Thanks for the info and the direction. I wasn't quite sure where to post as I'm having an issue kinda with both ducks and chickens...

Today he was relentless. He may leave them alone momentarily... but it was like he was on them (literally) one after another and chasing them around.

Trying to figure out how to upload a video...

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
Good vids.
Not sure what to advise.
He does seem to back off if they submit, which lead me to believe he just wants to dominate them and may calm down after a few more weeks...but again I don't know ducks.

Jan Croot

Chirping
Feb 21, 2020
ducks will "mate" with any thing that moves, as a sign of dominance. One moscovy teen decided my left pant leg was to be grabbed in his beak as he humped my left shoe.

The birds will just have to work it out. You've done what you could

oldhenlikesdogs

Suffering Succotash
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
That's quite a confused rooster. I'm not sure I'd leave him out or keep him. He shouldn't be harassing and than mating ducks. Makes me wonder if it was brooded with ducks. My guess is he's gonna eventually hurt one of the ducks with that constant chasing, grabbing and mating.

JulieBeth07

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Fort Pierce, FL
That's quite a confused rooster. I'm not sure I'd leave him out or keep him. He shouldn't be harassing and than mating ducks. Makes me wonder if it was brooded with ducks. My guess is he's gonna eventually hurt one of the ducks with that constant chasing, grabbing and mating.
He was brooded with ducks. I drake one female.

Top Bottom