The Shelly and Kevin Thread

Whoo, it’s been a long while since I’ve updated this thread, so here we go:

A month or two ago, both Shelly and Kevin stopped laying. It was almost at the exact same time, too. They are both back to laying now, though, so that’s good.

We also made them hen saddles. Shelly got donuts, and Kevy got flowers-
1D7B0C6E-131A-4EDA-A77D-10A752D14A4F.jpeg
4F72F542-E869-476C-AF5E-97B02F928449.jpeg

Shelly’s first birthday is also coming up! I’m excited for her, I never thought she would make it this far.
6552C88A-8179-4DF4-8B9A-207A51241F81.jpeg

A month or two ago, both Shelly and Kevin stopped laying. It was almost at the exact same time, too. They are both back to laying now, though, so that’s good.

We also made them hen saddles. Shelly got donuts, and Kevy got flowers-View attachment 3118724View attachment 3118726

Shelly’s first birthday is also coming up! I’m excited for her, I never thought she would make it this far.View attachment 3118733
Happy (early) birthday, Shelly! 🎉 :wee

We also made them hen saddles. Shelly got donuts, and Kevy got flowers-View attachment 3118724View attachment 3118726

Shelly’s first birthday is also coming up! I’m excited for her, I never thought she would make it this far.View attachment 3118733
Beautiful saddles! :love :love If you don't mind me asking, why did they get saddles? :)

Happy early birthday, Shelly! 🎉 Are you going to put a little party hat on her for pictures? 😊

Beautiful saddles! :love :love If you don't mind me asking, why did they get saddles? :)

Happy early birthday, Shelly! 🎉 Are you going to put a little party hat on her for pictures? 😊
Thank you! We put saddles on them because their back feathers were starting to thin due to being mated often. In this case, it’s more of a prevention from completely bald backs. Gus has already stripped one of my girls’ backs clean of feathers (she received a saddle), and I didn’t want the same thing to happen with my special girls.

No, that would be chaos. Shelly would flip out.😅

Thank you! We put saddles on them because their back feathers were starting to thin due to being mated often. In this case, it’s more of a prevention from completely bald backs. Gus has already stripped one of my girls’ backs clean of feathers (she received a saddle), and I didn’t want the same thing to happen with my special girls.

No, that would be chaos. Shelly would flip out.😅
Oh, ok. Thanks for answering my question! I didn't realize that there was a rooster in with them. You did a great job on making the saddles! :love

Ok. Yeah, I can imagine that. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom