The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Bigger is better....I think they look great! Love the roos, my wife won't let me have one so I'm jealous.
lol..

I try to joke about my picture taking skills..I am the worst! It is funny how bad I can be. Out of 50 pictures, those were the best! The birds are still in confinement for another 2 week at least and than they can see green grass and I can get better pictures..(well at least I can try to take better pictures)

Just got my first slw. She's 6 months old. We picked her up on saturday. I have her in quarantine before introducing her to my little flock. I'm not worried about show quality as she is a pet and egg layer. Just happy to have a slw. She seems very sweet even though she's stuck in the garage in quarantine. I go out to visit her alot and she'alwYs chatting verry sweetly to me. And she's give us an egg 2 out of the 3 days we've had her.

I noticed from peoples pictures that alot of slws have a lot more white than mine does. Is that an age thing or just quality of the bird.

this is Lacy at 6 months.

Just got my first slw. She's 6 months old. We picked her up on saturday. I have her in quarantine before introducing her to my little flock. I'm not worried about show quality as she is a pet and egg layer. Just happy to have a slw. She seems very sweet even though she's stuck in the garage in quarantine. I go out to visit her alot and she'alwYs chatting verry sweetly to me. And she's give us an egg 2 out of the 3 days we've had her.

I noticed from peoples pictures that alot of slws have a lot more white than mine does. Is that an age thing or just quality of the bird.

this is Lacy at 6 months.
As a heritage bird ages the lacing usually gets better.
this bird is the usual hatchery style lacing

My SLW has not laid an egg yet and she is 33 weeks old. She is absolutely beautiful. Could this be because of the shortened daylight hours now that we are in fall? Any ideas? My EE started laying Sept. 4th and they are the same age.
idunno.gif

No idea but mine was hatched the end of January and no egg yet. My BLBR and my partridge been laying for a couple of months. Partridge has even gone broody in that time frame. ....

Heritage breeds lay later and lay longer
Hatchery birds lay earlier and shorter

I did not get all the shots I need...but i sure did better than last time..I love the size and tents on these girls. Beautiful wide hard tail feathers

Thank you for that information. My girl is just gorgeous and I can't wait to see the egg she will eventually lay. Your birds, Flock Master, are absolutely beautiful. You obviously show your birds and have a great line of show birds.

Thank you,
The name *Flock master* is a token nic that is given to chatters who have been around on BYC. It has no significance. My Name is Vicki and my nic on here is Delisha...I am a Chef and I create masterpieces from *chicken*.
wink.png
I do show my birds and love the experience.

Back
Top Bottom