The Speckled Sussex chicks have arrived!

lsnyder6

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Sierra Vista, AZ
Our first chicks are here...we ordered 3 from Chickens for Backyards and they are all doing well in their first hours. So exciting!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations! It's always exciting to get new chicks. I have Speckled Sussux in the past, and have considered getting some more of them as they are a great breed; hardy, very friendly and calm (my children made lap pets out of ours), and good layers of large, brown eggs. I'm sure you'll be very happy with them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your SS chicks. :eek:)

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with the chicks!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Congrats on your new babies! Make sure you dip their beaks in the water to get them really hydrated well and they know where the water is. If they get dehydrated before eating much, they can get pasty butt.

If you need any tips on raising your new babies. stop by this article in our learning center on raising chicks...https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ks-the-first-60-days-of-raising-baby-chickens

Enjoy your new babies! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom