The story of how I got my fuzzy nuggets!

Oh and, screw that breeder. He's dodgy as :(

Long story short the breeder was super sketchy and made us pay twice the amount we had agreed on. He was also supposed to take back our roosters and swap them for hens. He made us wait months and then ghosted us. After trying to contact him for weeks, he was like, "oh yeah sorry, I have too many chickens. I can't take your roosters...but I can butcher them on your property? If you pay me??"

He had moved property so we had no way of finding him, because he wouldn't give us his address for a literally weeks of us asking. Then when we finally went, he was supposed to give us 3 silkie hens and an easter egger. So of course he gave us a crossbeak duccle who was almost dead, an Australorp who wasn't even an Australorp, an absolutely psycho spitzhauben appropriately named psycho chick....and made us pay for all of them.... 🙂 ( after months of working with psycho to try and tame her, we had to give her away because she was all day alarm clock. Last I've heard of her she has been totally feral for the past 6 months and comes back for a snack every few weeks)

They were all supposed to be laying. none of them were laying.

He also gave us a dozen of eggs that were supposed to be high fertility. He also check to make sure none were developing. 2 out of 12 hatched. One hatched almost a week early. It's just kind of weird to me that he specifically said none had developed.

The new hens brought a serious respiratory disease that killed Stegallz and cost us hundreds of dollars in vet bills.

And the worst part that concerns me the most is how he was keeping his birds. He had chicks of any age without mothers, hens who had their tongues ripped out from the bottom of their beak, about 20 injured birds, ducks, geese, turkeys, guinea fowl and quail all kept together in tiny cages
But the worst part is that he also had baby rabbits in cages, baby quail, parrots in tiny bird houses and other pets...dogs running around too... and tons of beehives..

Angel also had a brother who was supposed to be professionally sexed 😃

And seagull/angel is our only one left. She was supposed to be an easter egger, but she lays brown eggs 😐
I do want to report him because this is very serious in my opinion, but it may just be dismissed. It was a long time ago too.

Back
Top Bottom