The story of my flock

So I need to update

My friend keeps a lot of chickens and I mean a lot! She accidentally got seven roosters with her 20 something hens one hen a blue laced Wyandotte kept getting mated with all the roosters would mate with her one after another it broke her leg my friend brought her inside out her in a dog kennel and kept her their for five weeks! Then I adopted her and named her Josephina she has come a long way from then all my chickens including knight were lap chickens why she isn’t one yet she follows me around let’s me pick her up and get excited when she sees me she has been a great addition to the flock!

What a fun flock! We started ours last year from TSC as well. Were looking for one breed, but they weren't seeming to get it in... So I called around and when I found a store almost an hour away with 5 Australorps still there, I said don't sell them to anybody else, I'm coming! Lol.

So we started with them, and two weeks later I got in a handful of Welsummers we ordered in the mail, too! No roosters yet, but I'm hoping soon. This year we added nine more chicks again from TSC, but the breeds got a little mixed up. 🤦 I will most likely keep the two Wyandottes, and we'll see about the rest, because our current setup can only handle so many birds until we move, but that might not be till fall. I feel bad, I don't really want to let any of them go, especially some of our first birds, but it's probably the only way to make room for the new chicks. :/

How much space do you have?

What a fun flock! We started ours last year from TSC as well. Were looking for one breed, but they weren't seeming to get it in... So I called around and when I found a store almost an hour away with 5 Australorps still there, I said don't sell them to anybody else, I'm coming! Lol.

So we started with them, and two weeks later I got in a handful of Welsummers we ordered in the mail, too! No roosters yet, but I'm hoping soon. This year we added nine more chicks again from TSC, but the breeds got a little mixed up. 🤦 I will most likely keep the two Wyandottes, and we'll see about the rest, because our current setup can only handle so many birds until we move, but that might not be till fall. I feel bad, I don't really want to let any of them go, especially some of our first birds, but it's probably the only way to make room for the new chicks. :/

How much space do you have?
That's a great story yourself! I'll have to check but I know I have a lot!

Back
Top Bottom