THE SWAP THREAD "FEBRUARY"

yep that would do it. she is a blue/partidge. she came from a blue x'ed with a partridge. baby looks full partridge but may look like her when older not sure have to wait and see what feathers in on it. she is vey beautiful!!

well wait by second pic she looks black/partridge, not sure she is one or the other though. yes that means she carries some sort of partridge gene. the ones who didn't make it looked black or blue and 2 of them were vaulted also.

I don't know, I have never hatched one that looked partridge at all. I may need to take her out of my flock if that is the case, but she has such great feathering and a nice poof. I may have to seperate her and hatch her eggs separate so I can see if it happens again. Thanks for posting, cant wait to see how it turns out. I feel great about the vaults, although the did not live, but at least I know that I am working toward the right things.

Happy Easter.

Marie

Two of my swap eggs spent most of yesterday trying to zip...no hatch yet from them. I have my fingers crossed they will pop out today as Easter chicks !!!

Julie
big_smile.png

yippiechickie.gif
:yiipchick:yiipchick I have one yellow chick hatched from my swap partner and more pipping...will keep you posted......
wee.gif

whoot awsome leslie !!!

anyone in SC have eggs hatching?? about now??
fl.gif

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

Mary, I can't imagine where the partridge would come from though. All the eggs came from the same breeder and none of them or any of the babies I have hatched or had hatch for others have had any partridge? I took a closer look at all of them and none have any odd coloration on them now? None of the chicks do either. So not sure what is going on or who it would have come from. Maybe my blue silkie roo mated my faverolle and the egg got mixed in there. It could be mostly silkie from him and then just have the odd coloration? I have her seperated but the kids could have put one of her eggs in there by accident. Keep me updated.

Marie

I can't remember where my eggs came from, I had an email from her....
idunno.gif
, was wondering what kind of fuzzy butts I was hatching. 3 yellow from brown eggs, 1 blue is hatching, and 1 white egg.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
pop.gif

hillbilli bill,,,
my chicks are hatching,,,,,my chicks are hatching have 6 eggs in there 1 has hatched 2 are piping and let me tell you ,,,that is one red baby,,,still wet,,,but cute cute,,,
thanks so much,,,wendy

Back
Top Bottom