THE SWAP THREAD "May"

siz8003, you know we soooo very much appreciate all your work so we can worry, fret and hover over our bators, and drive ourselves nuts over what's in there........thanks so very much for your hard work so we can have a blast!!!!
love.gif
love.gif

Thank you so much for doing this, it must be so hard!! I am overloaded with eggs, so when is the earliest I can send them?
Ashlyn

ATT715625.gif

thanks guys for all your kind words and I will send out all the names on the 12th
woot.gif

I participated in the last swap (it was fun) but I have questions now....

Since we're not supposed to ask for certain breeds...why do we even get a choice as to what we want?

Also, is there a way for the June swap to include specific breed requests? (It wouldn't gurantee that you'd get what you wanted, but it would increase the odds) and maybe even more people would participate.

As a small flock owner, I have very limited room and I don't want to mix breeds on my place and end up with non-pure fowl....if that makes sense? In addition, there are some people who may want to add new blood to their existing flock and add some of the same breeds they already have to diversify their bloodlines.....

I just thought it wouldn't be totally impossible if we all listed what we had/what we wanted (to the swap organizer) and then that person (the organizer) would match us up with the different breeds and we'd swap. And everyone would have to have 3 or so first, second, third choices to make it more do-able for everyone....

I know it may take some of the excitement away for those who don't mind not knowing what they are getting but those people would simply put that they want anything/surprise eggs....

I don't want to be a poopy pant spoiler for the rest of y'all, but I just thought I'd throw that out there....

Thanks,

~Heather

Oh and I thought I'd again thank you for the awesome job you're doing! I hope I'm not coming across as complaining or not appreciative....because that's not the case, I think this is awesome but I just had some suggestions...

I'm still on the fence about whether or not to participate this May swap (my hens & ducks are laying now) but I'm kind of leery about it because I only have room for about four or five breeds.

I don't want to eat the swapped birds, LOL

I would think it would be near impossible to do that kind of swap on this scale. And would at least take a long time to get done?? Of course it is not my decision. I would think it is hard enough to get it done just trying to get pure to the ones wanting pure and so forth?? I too appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. I have done private swaps so that I knew what I was getting and the other person knew, if you only want a certain breed you could do that? Not that I am trying to keep you out of the swap. Please don't get me wrong. Just a suggestion.
smile.png

Marie

Back
Top Bottom