The temperature in my incubator is 2c below the recommended will my chicks still hatch?

Janey 1

Hatching
Jun 1, 2016
The temperature in my incubator is 2c below the recommended temp of 37c, will my chicks still hatch?

The temperature in my incubator is 2c below the recommended temp of 37c, will my chicks still hatch?
welcome-byc.gif
assuming you have a forced air incubator 35C is the equivelant to 4 degrees F too low. Which is a significant amount. That low you are looking at lower hatch rates and those that do hatch would almost certainly be days late and have a higher chance of developmental issues. My first hatch I relied on a new thermometer w/o checking it and had one hatcher hatch day 24 and one hatch and die day 25. The day 24 did end up having leg issues later on as it grew and put on weight. He lived almost 2 years, but was special needs my thermometer proved to be 5-6 degrees F off, so it was a tad more than yours.

My advice would be to try to get the temps up where they need to be. What kind of incubator are you using and has your thermometer ever been checked for accuracy?

Back
Top Bottom