The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Omg the tractor supply where I got our 6 pullets got the chicks from mt healthy hatchery.... They are 5 weeks and are doing very well. What should I do I am new to all of this

You need to go to the CDC website and read their recommendations.
Also go to The Chicken Whisperer's website, you can also locate him on Facebook!
Not a good situation!!!!!! :(

They look exactly like the tetra tints we purchased from TSC this spring! They are the quickest things you ever saw or tried to catch!!! We named one hudini because she would always find the tiniest opening in the run and escape! I have amber links, reds and golden comets and the tetras are very brave in comparison and act as leaders. Luckily they are easy to spot since they are an electric white. I cant wait to see their eggs...I would definitely get more if I had room in the coop. They have proven very entertaining and a delight to be around.
I got mine this spring from TSC too, and mine are crazy too! They were less than a week old, and they were already jumping out of their box! We got three Tetra Tints and three Golden Comets, and the Tetra Tints are definitely the leaders. A lot faster than any of my hens too! They are so entertaining to watch; they are so weird hahaha!

My 3 tetras are the leaders of my flock, too. One of mine is coming out with shadowy feathers now (9 weeks). Mine are very friendly. Come to greet me any time I am near the coop or run. One even climbs my leg to be held.

My take on the tetras.......mediocre fowl. Better than the amber links. But not near as good as other production hybrid types.
Very calm tame fowl. Easy on the feed bill too. Looks very similar to the white leghorn. Large comb and all. But a little more body on her than a pure leghorn. Most all white but some have black specks or feathers on them. Lays a tinted egg. Almost white colored. A lg egg but nothing to write home about in comparison to other hybrid types. I haven't yet had one go broody so that's a plus.

Overall, IMO they are an ok bird. I've had worse but I've had better too.

There have been a lot of questions about Tetra Tints this year.. I've been one of the ones asking! lol

I thought i'd start a thread for those of us interested in the new breed/hybrid..

Little seems to be known about Tetra Tints! ..Which makes it even more interesting to see how they turn out!

This is what little info I have been able to combine on Tetra Tints.

This info. came straight from the hatchery which supplied the chicks to Tractor Supply, Mt. Healthy Hatchery!

❥Tetra Tint hens will grow to be around 5 pounds

❥They will be heavy producers of a very light cream colored egg

❥Tetra Tints are white, and may have some darker coloration

❥New breed/hybrid the hatchery gets in exclusively for Tractor Supply

I also asked the hatchery if they have photos of adult hens available, and this was the response I received:

"Unfortunately we do not have any pictures of the tetra tint and do not have much information on

the breed we get them in just for Tractor Supply.

Thank you,

Mt Healthy Hatcheries"

So, apparently they don't hatch them at the hatchery, they get them in from an outside source.

Anyway, here are some photos of my Tetra Tint babies so far!

(they are the white chicks, the ones with red/brown are "assorted red pullets"! lol)

Two weeks old:

t2.jpg

t4.jpg

t3.jpg

t1.jpg

My babies at just a few days old (2-5 days?).. Had them a couple days in these pics.

(Again, the darker 3 are "assorted red pullets" ...4 are Tetra Tints!)

055.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

I will continue to post photos as my Tetra Tints mature, and if you have some,

hope you will do the same!! /img/smilies/smile.png

I love my Tetra Tints! They are very sweet, and like to be near or on me! lol

Which can be a bit annoying when I go to walk away from the brooder

and have them flying out at me.... lol Had to put chicken wire on top, now.

Photos, anyone else? Please? lol /img/smilies/wink.png

(*Also.. Some of the Tetra Tint babies have black spots on them. I went back to TSC,

and couldn't resist a couple more Tetra Tints! lol One yellow, and one yellow with black dots)

(***Not to be confused with the Tetra Americana varieties! The Tetra Amber lays a beautiful dark brown egg,

looks like a Welsummer egg.....I wish these Tetra Tints would turn out to be Tetra Ambers!!! lol

But.. According to the hatchery, they are not. They lay a very light cream colored egg.

Tetra Americana varieties (NOT Tetra Tint): http://www.tetraamericana.com/index.php?id=5

My tetra tints are two months old now. They are bright white with a couple of faint yellow/tan feathers. They love to be held, follow me everywhere, and come running when I yell "here chick chick". They have a very sweet disposition. I hope they continue to be this way.

My wife and got three tetra tints last year. They were easy to rasie, laid back less flighty then some of our other breeds. Very pleased with their egg production this year. Would be a valuable addition to anyones flock.

Anyone with March babies see any eggs yet??? I think I got my birds around March 10th. Waiting to see if we will get any this month. My birds are getting picked on by the rooster and I have not integrated them into the coop yet. Everytime I try to force them in there mayhem ensues....and not the pecking order mayhem....it's more like a blood bath. They are still living in the meat bird shelter where they were raised. They free range with the rest of the birds without much incident but they do their own thing. Integration stresses me out!!!!

No eggs yet. My tetras were March babies too. They are half the size I loft the red sexed links I bought the same time. Our rooster leaves them alone, but he is a really wimpy rooster.

Nothing from ours yet either. They are getting red combs but compared to the golden comets we got at the same time they are way smaller. I doubt we will see eggs before the next few weeks. They still amaze us with their nutty behavior! One of ours saw a bird on the roof of the run and then out of nowhere levitated up 6 feet and landed on the roof!!! My hubby and I just looked at each other in shock! Lol

Back
Top Bottom