The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
All a sexlink is is a term used to describe a type of chick that links specific genetic attributes from the parents that produce a trait that allows the sexing by color at hatch time. Black sexlinks are all black at hatch except the roosters have a white spot on top of the head. Red sexlinks are hatched red for the hens and white for the roos. Parents must contain the right genes. The ones in the picture resemble meat birds but I'm not sure they are too young to tell.

Just heard back from "Tetra Americana"!!
They are not the same birds.

Here is the email I received:

"Dear Sasha,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Tetra Tint is a slightly different chick than a Tetra Amber although they look very similar. Tetra Tint is a little lighter in her body weight when she is full grown compared to Tetra Amber and the eggs that Tetra Tint lay are "tinted" color (hence the name "Tetra Tint"), while the Tetra Amber hen will lay regular more dark brown colored eggs.

I hope we have been able to inform you sufficiently with that?

Kind regards,
Bastiaan Schimmel"

...So, not the same. However, I did reply asking how much the Tetra Ambers are! lol
I'd love to have a some dark egg layers, and they are pretty.
They remind me a little of Amber Links, and I love Amber Links! lol

But.. They are saying that Tetra Tint's eggs are tinted. Mt. Healthy says they are light cream in color.
Guess we will all have to wait a few months and find out! lol

Quote:

Sunshyne
Glad you heard back from them. I've still haven't. Anyways what I was trying to find out is what is bird breed. I think they are leghorns crossed with ?????? Some of the ones pictured here are heavy legged mine aren't. I have one that has yellow/greenish legs like a leghorn and the others are orangeish. The mystery deepens....
83182_photo0277.jpg

Quote:
That is how mine are, one has yellow legs and her feathers are smooth, the tetra's legs are greenish and her feathers seem more ruffled! *Laughs* this is cracking me up us all trying to figure out what our girls are. We must really love them, eh?

Chicachick
smile.png

Quote:
they look so happy.
smile.png

mine with the greenish looking legs is developing brown spots in her wings. She is also more of beige color than the others. But who knows what they'll end up looking like, new feathers coming in on all of them. One has longer tail feathers then the rest comb is also bigger.Thinking it is a couple days older than the others(hope its not a cockerel)
I also hope Chickened is correct and the chicks are sexlink. What are the chance of getting a roo in sexlink chickens?

a sexlink is is a term used to describe a type of chick that links specific genetic attributes from the parents that produce a trait that allows the sexing by color at hatch time. Black sexlinks are all black at hatch except the roosters have a white spot on top of the head. Red sexlinks are hatched red for the hens and white for the roos. Parents must contain the right genes. The ones in the picture resemble meat birds but I'm not sure they are too young to tell.​

My girls are doing great, they look like white cotton candy!LOL They also are escape artist. Hubby found them roosting in various places in our building this morning. All three of them. Isn't it funny that no one else was out? They are quite sane little chics otherwise. Big cleanup for the building coming up, DUST everywhere and now Tetra poop!Thanks for the info Sunshyne and everyone else!

Back
Top Bottom