The Ultimate coop Idea.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by LoneCowboy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I saw my dream coop yesterday. [​IMG] We do pasture maintenance, so we were out mowing a huge piece of property yesterday. The owners are rebuilding the house so it's basically empty, but they had this huge 12 stall horse barn. WOW, what I could do with that!! I'd put a different breed of chicken in each stall, and then have their runs outside where the horses would hang out. Wouldn't that just be PERFECT!! Not to mention they have 35 acres to just run around. [​IMG]

Too bad I'm poor [​IMG]

2. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    poor huh?
    too bad because for the right amount of money I would comeout and build it for you:lol:

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm sure it's more money than I've seen in a long time. [​IMG]

This owning your own business is not always what it's cracked up to be. My husband says at least we get to choose what hours we work. We can would any 18 we choose. [​IMG]

4. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Quote:You get to sleep 6 hours a day? Wow! Oh wait, you have to take care of your chickens too! Do you sleep in shifts. lol I know my parents own a business and *only* work about 14 hours days, six days a week. my dh and I own a service business and work other jobs too, and he pretty much works every day, just some he works 8 hours, and some he works 13. We're hoping one of these days to get things built up to the point where he can work all 13 at one job. lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by