The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
Quote:
I am not exactly sure how it works, though I am really researching in to fermented foods lately. And it isn't just apple cider vinegar but the RAW apple cider vinegar I am using.

From what I am reading it helps with mineral and vitamin absorption, kills bad bacteria and promotes good gut flora.

I just used it on Wendy this morning. She was all puffy and listless since yesterday. After spiking the water (about 1 Tbsp per gallon of water) early this morning, she was much better this afternoon. She even hoped on the compost pile and made squeaky noises at me. This is how my girls beg for worms
big_smile.png

I know a number of people who put it in their chickens' water all the time. My DH & I take apple cider tablets for indigestion, they are awesome.....we don't buy antiacids anymore.

i started giving my ducklings grit around 2 weeks old or so... not sure if there is a certain age or not. it helps in digestion. i'd just sprinkle a little bit in their feed. if your ducks are not foraging, grit willo need to be added to the feed all the time. if they can root around in the mud or forage, they'll find their own grit
smile.png

i updated a couple more treats on the list for ducklings... Anyone have suggestions for which treats they've given ducklings (and at how many weeks?), for example, have you successfully given ducklings pears or bananas and it doesn't have a
jumpy.gif
next to it yet?

How about persimmons for ducks? I didn't see them on the good or bad lists. One of my neighbors has a huge persimmon tree and they don't use them; it's a rental house so they probably don't even know what they are. I eat a few but not enough to make a difference.

i'll check on that and get back to you. I don't see why not, as i haven't found it on any bird no no lists... I'll do some more researching...

deanna&rich :

Quote:
Oooh, I want bright blue poo!! What other colors can we get?? Will beets give red poo??

-Tomato will give red poo. It will stain the concrete. Had to fence up the low hanging tomatoes this summer.​

Back
Top Bottom