The Underappreciated Hybrids Thread

Still waiting for any member of my flock to show some tendency in that direction. None of my hatchery DP birds are showing any interest whatsoever in sitting an egg, the Comets seem to have all broodiness bred out of them, and the Brahma didn't really start laying before winter hit, so I broke down and bought an incubator.

Maybe come spring, I will have your fortune. those are gorgeous eggs.

Still waiting for any member of my flock to show some tendency in that direction. None of my hatchery DP birds are showing any interest whatsoever in sitting an egg, the Comets seem to have all broodiness bred out of them, and the Brahma didn't really start laying before winter hit, so I broke down and bought an incubator.

Maybe come spring, I will have your fortune. those are gorgeous eggs.
If it helps, I had a dark brahma for about 5 years and she never went broody the entire 21 days. She was hatchery stock though tok

TY for the cautionary warning. Mine are hatchery too. So I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about "biting the bullet" and buying an incubator.
Nah, what is funny though is I had a black sexlink that actually hatched out ducks. Never chickens but she was determined enough to hatch out those weird eggs that were larger than her own AND she was a good mother to them. Never thought that would happen.

So I would personally buy the incubator and try to let the brahma hatch. Of she does, great. If she doesn't, then that's why you have a bator

830AD678-2D79-420F-B696-DAD60A74E02E.jpeg
This cutie if from my breeding. I mixed a Silkie naked neck with a Silkie Cochin mix And he was the result ❤️

Back
Top Bottom