The United Nation of Asparagus Lovers

Member head count

• Total voters
Pics
Screenshot_20211124-172115.png

I think most of the asparagus haters have probably never had anything but store bought asparagus. This needs to change and it starts with us! Maybe you don’t have any more room in your backyard, but last time I checked most suburban FRONT YARDS were just sitting there looking pretty. Pretty useless if you ask me.
So those crazy haters think they are gonna burn down Asparagus! Ha! They can try but it will survive fire, drought, very cold temperatures, chickens, deer. The only thing that slows it down is the growth of grass and trees.

Planting Asparagus can be done with roots or seeds. Roots are expensive and usually in poor condition near me so I prefer to use seeds. 1 packet of seed can grow a lot of roots. It only takes one extra year to establish a patch from seed. Your friends and family need asparagus too so there is no such thing as too many plants. People pay me. 2$ each for my extra roots and want more.

So I was just over spying on the enemy. I think we can win this. Over 51 % of the people polled said they did not hate Asparagus! About a third just said yes OK they would join the cause, if they had to I guess. Less than 24% were zealots and martyrs willing to stand tall for the cause. The cause likely due to some childhood trauma that they are still living today!

I don't consider myself picky. Just had a really bad experience with asparagus when I was a child. Almost choked and died. So I can't stand it now. The taste, texture, smell and everything else about it bothers me.
What other foods do you not like?

Back
Top Bottom