The United Nation of Asparagus Lovers

Member head count

• Total voters
Pics
Does anyone have fresh asparagus in their patches this yet? Ours is two months away.
The ones I planted last year did not make it… between, tree work crew, repair people, the kids, and chickens… they were doomed. I am going to find a better spot… really prep the area, including caging it… lol to protect it from family and pet chickens. Try, try again till I succeed!

The ones I planted last year did not make it… between, tree work crew, repair people, the kids, and chickens… they were doomed. I am going to find a better spot… really prep the area, including caging it… lol to protect it from family and pet chickens. Try, try again till I succeed!
I was told dumping salt around them helps too. Most plants are killed by salt and apparently asparagus thrives on it.

Asparagus season here is just 60 days away! The countdown has begun. I have used my chicken tractor in my asparagus rows to control weeds and grass. The tractor allows complete control over the timing and location of grazing. Late fall and early spring work well for grazing directly on top of the row and summer beside the rows in the pathways.

Back
Top Bottom