The Wabbit thread!!!! Anything about rabbits

I have one doe who will be on 32 days tomorrow, I will take her to the vet for xray/oxytocin tomorrow.

Shelly, good luck, what day are you on?

Last edited:
Hope everything works out, Good luck! My ND is on day 15. . only felt 1 baby. My Polish is on day 10. . .felt around 3.

Hi,

This is probably silly but I have 3 does in a cage. They are all due this week but one doe is most likely not pregnant because she wouldn't let the male mount her. Anyway, my black doe was due Monday and one brown doe was due Wednesday. So there is only one nest box that's made with pulled hair and with hay. This was made by the brown doe on Tuesday. She pulled her hair out and put lots of hay in. And some babies were born on Wednesday morning. I just took the babies out of their burrows and looked at them and they're all black. So did my black bunny have kits inside a nest made by another doe? Will the brown doe make a new nest? Will the brown doe kill the black babies?

The does are all friendly with each other. Both brown does keep entering the nest box and not harming the babies and the black doe is just sitting in the corner all day, which is not like her.

I'm going to be posting this in the other rabbit thread, hope that's not an issue.

Thanks

Hi,

This is probably silly but I have 3 does in a cage. They are all due this week but one doe is most likely not pregnant because she wouldn't let the male mount her. Anyway, my black doe was due Monday and one brown doe was due Wednesday. So there is only one nest box that's made with pulled hair and with hay. This was made by the brown doe on Tuesday. She pulled her hair out and put lots of hay in. And some babies were born on Wednesday morning. I just took the babies out of their burrows and looked at them and they're all black. So did my black bunny have kits inside a nest made by another doe? Will the brown doe make a new nest? Will the brown doe kill the black babies?

The does are all friendly with each other. Both brown does keep entering the nest box and not harming the babies and the black doe is just sitting in the corner all day, which is not like her.

I'm going to be posting this in the other rabbit thread, hope that's not an issue.

Thanks

Well. . .I have never heard of many does together unspayed even if they act good around each other, but when babies come in the picture its a different story. How big is the cage? How many nesting boxes do you have?

Last edited:
3 nesting boxes, 2 of which are being pooped in :( I clean them 2x a day. Cage is 3 foot long by 5 foot wide by 1.5 foot high. One is a new zealand, and the other 2 look like flemish crosses.

Ok, I will try to build a cage but it might take me 1-2 weeks... Is there anything I can do to limit fighting if I see it?

The male is white/grey. I just remembered the brown bunny that was making the nest was bleeding a little bit on Wednesday. So it doesn't make sense that my black doe gave birth, yet all the babies are black.

I went to the vet today and got an xray. The black doe still has kits.

He palpate and used stethoscope and said kits are living. He recommended against oxytocin and said to wait. I will probably bring her again if she hasn't had babies in 2 days. It's day 31 today. I thought it was 32...

I see the picture is hard to see but on the right are two kits. They seem large to me but I don't know

Last edited:
Yes they are spayed and neutered. This helped to stop them digging as well, which is useful as my Dad likes the grass without holes in it!

Back
Top Bottom